Stopping neighbour's cannabis smell

when i first thought of asking for advice on here i knew ther would be some halfwits making stupid comments in lieu of useful advice

If you want useful advice don't start throwing insults around yourself.

i think you will also find that the police are supposed to uphold the law and in this case an offence is being committed with no proper investigation being carried fout. he should be arrested put on an asbo and held to be questioned until he reveals his source of supply and his vendors informed that he has passed on that information so that they may choose to not sell to him again

Yea good luck with that one windbag, do you serious want the old bill to kick this blokes door in and drag him away for a grilling down the nick because he smokes cannabis in his own house???

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

I was asking for advice on how to seal it without it costing and arm and a leg

Buy a big box of filler and have at it.

Can anyone please recommend a spray on sealer that might prevent this filth getting into my friends home?

You need to determine what it is that you want to fill before you can choose a product to fill it.

Expanding foam is OK for big gaps that can't be seen. Don't use too much because it expands a lot.

Caulk for small gaps.

Improve ventilation if it is poor (e.g. signs of mildew).

Refusing to have the grandkids around does sound like a massive overreaction.

It sounds like a better neighbour problem than having a party animal, stompy meat head or screaming baby next door IMHO.

Could be a lot of upset neighbours here in Canada after July 1st lol, when selling and smoking marijuana becomes legal. Not that it has not been around forever anyways, I live on the 22nd floor and often get a whiff from somebody's balcony. When I had a trailer(caravan) up North, it was hard to tell whether pot was being smoked heavily on a summer evening or somebody had upset a skunk. lol

fill, a positive pressure ventilation system could be a good option for your neighbour. For a few hundred pounds she could have what is basically a fan and heater fitted into her loft, that will pump warm, clean air into the house from the outside (the intake just needs to be mounted as far away from the problem house as possible). The positive pressure that this creates inside the house should stop any cannabis smell getting into the property.

Its a relatively expensive solution, but can bring other benefits.

Could be a lot of upset neighbours here in Canada after July 1st lol, when selling and smoking marijuana becomes legal. Not that it has not been around forever anyways, I live on the 22nd floor and often get a whiff from somebody's balcony. When I had a trailer(caravan) up North, it was hard to tell whether pot was being smoked heavily on a summer evening or somebody had upset a skunk. lol

Not necessarily, as if its regulated would that not discourage the use of stronger strains if cheaper less smelly strains become available again?

Also if its legal and cheaper, maybe more people would be willing to eat it rather than smoke it?

Cuts, cuts and more cuts.

The police barely have the manpower to tackle the most serious of crimes these days, suspicious activity and/or low-level drug use doesn't even get a sniff in.

I've walked through Liverpool and seen a copper and PSCO walk past people smoking skunk and done nothing about it.

When I asked them why they said it "wasn't a priority", they weren't causing a disturbance and they hadn't received a complaint.

Not necessarily, as if its regulated would that not discourage the use of stronger strains if cheaper less smelly strains become available again?

Also if its legal and cheaper, maybe more people would be willing to eat it rather than smoke it?

Is potency of cannabis and strength of smell related??

I've walked through Liverpool and seen a copper and PSCO walk past people smoking skunk and done nothing about it.

When I asked them why they said it "wasn't a priority", they weren't causing a disturbance and they hadn't received a complaint.

In general they don't cause a disturbance though so you can see where the police are coming from.

It's a pity cuts have lead to this, but I don't think police have ever really liked arresting people for possession of a small amount of pot.

Back when it was class C many coppers said it was the best thing to have happened for a long time.

Is potency of cannabis and strength of smell related??

I believe so, at least in that the strains they have bred for the highest potency tend to smell the worst.

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 23:15 ----------

Back when it was class C many coppers said it was the best thing to have happened for a long time.

The thing is, its not WHAT it is that really matters in this case. If a strong smell of tobacco was coming through the walls it would be just as bad IMO.

smoke all his weed, problem solved, he cant smoke any then

Guest makapaka
How about calling crimstoppers often and reporting your suspicions? Keep reporting him to the police? Could even throw in that you suspect him of dealing, to get their attention?

I'm surprised the police won't act on this - if the smell is that bad he must have an awful lot of it.

Why would they tell the police they think their neighbour is a drug dealer if they don't think that's the case?

How would you feel if someone just informed the police that you had committed a crime if you hadn't ?

How about calling crimstoppers often and reporting your suspicions? Keep reporting him to the police? Could even throw in that you suspect him of dealing, to get their attention?

I'm surprised the police won't act on this - if the smell is that bad he must have an awful lot of it.

he might only have one joint, just some people hate the smell that much, they may as well think hes burning ounces of the stuff