Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

You do realise it is 2018 now not 1968.

Homosexuality has been legal for 50 years. Civil Partnerships legal for nearly 15 years and full gay marraige legal for approaching 5 years.

Gay Parents will be the next natural step and whole generations of those schoolkids will see nothing different from it. Just like post internet generations before then and the current batch of post smart phone generations of kids.

Those schoolkids are and will be far more sophisticated, understanding and tolerant regarding a persons gender and sexuality than bigoted dinosaurs like you would be in a lifetime.

Quite frankly your comments disgust me.

The vast majority of these kids will come from normal families with a mother and father , so to them seeing a kid with two dads will not seem normal at all to them.

The vast majority of these kids will come from normal families with a mother and father , so to them seeing a kid with two dads will not seem normal at all to them.

Unless their 'normal' family has brought them up to be well rounded, well adjusted, unprejudiced and open minded..

Edited by nikki-red

I just wonder why they didn’t just post “we’re adopting a baby” or “a surrogate is having our baby”.

Instead they posted a picture of them holding an ultrasound saying they were expecting a baby.

I’m not offended by it or bothered - but if they didn’t want a reaction from the bigots they went about it the wrong way.

What actually does "expecting" mean? It means something is imminent, like in the way I'm expecting a birthday present or a bank statement. It's absolutely accurate. They aren't pregnant or adopting or whatever. They are "expecting a baby." There's literally nothing to see here as far as I can tell.

What actually does "expecting" mean? It means something is imminent, like in the way I'm expecting a birthday present or a bank statement. It's absolutely accurate. They aren't pregnant or adopting or whatever. They are "expecting a baby." There's literally nothing to see here as far as I can tell.

exactly, ive said it twice, im expecting the gasman...it got ignored, surprisingly

Yes, there is a difference. One couple can be man and wife and procreate. One couple can be man and man or woman and woman and cannot. Yes/No.

Angel1.

So a man-woman marriage that can't procreate is invalid? If they use surrogate etc same as a same sex couple might, what's the difference?

So a man-woman marriage that can't procreate is invalid? If they use surrogate etc same as a same sex couple might, what's the difference?

dont be silly, thats sort of normal but not weird **** like homosexual :P

Shows how little you know.

The proportion of families with children headed by single parents has remained at around 25 per cent for over a decade

So a quarter will have only 1 parent. Some of those single parents will be just a dad.

I have a relative who is a primary school teacher. Apparently kids are taught now that loving parents are great, and that might mean one mum, one dad, a mum and a dad, two dads, two mums, or whatever, The love and support bit is important. According to my relative most kids are utterly indifferent re this unless their parents have a problem. When the parents are intolerant that's reflected in the kids. I wonder why you refer to "normal" families and others? It's a real shame that you can't support all kids.

Shows how little you know.

So a quarter will have only 1 parent. Some of those single parents will be just a dad.

But their other parent will be a woman .:roll:

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 23:50 ----------

I have a relative who is a primary school teacher. Apparently kids are taught now that loving parents are great, and that might mean one mum, one dad, a mum and a dad, two dads, two mums, or whatever, The love and support bit is important. According to my relative most kids are utterly indifferent re this unless their parents have a problem. When the parents are intolerant that's reflected in the kids. I wonder why you refer to "normal" families and others? It's a real shame that you can't support all kids.

If that is being taught in schools i am appalled . In my opinion that is wrong on say many levels.

If that is being taught in schools i am appalled . In my opinion that is wrong on say many levels.

suck it up gammon:hihi:

Pity you weren't taught about correct punctuation.

Ok, how many levels? Name two.