Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

Bang on ,the situation seems to be that any one who has normal carry on ,lives a normal life are now in the minority .

Every time you turn the teli on it seems as though some bloke is dressed up as a woman or talks in a daft camp voice like Frankie Howard used to put on.

We have sports presenters , M.Ps who all seem to bat for the other side no wonder kids are confused in todays World.

If you are gay then fair enough but why all the self publicity , just get on with it like the rest of society does .

Has it escaped your attention that they are tyring to get on with it like the rest of society.

Unfortunately one too many luddite attitudes just like yours prevent them.

It's not irrational. From memory a child is statistically better off with a traditional family mix. But all these things are somewhere on a bell curve and whether the individual child is at any noticeable disadvantage versus their peers is much harder to ascertain.

Lesbian domestic violence is highest, followed by gay men couples, then lowest of all in opposite sex couples, but the incidence rate of homosexual couples adopting children is so much lower that until we're looking at third/third/third household make ups it's an edge case that's hard to get too excited about.

Whether you are homophobic because of a belief in male female couples being best for children is just as questionable. I'd say that there are other, much better indicators that somebody is a homophobe than this issue.

In post 23 I did quote research which showed that

children raised by gay or lesbian parents do as well as other children in terms of well-being, adjustment, functioning and peer relationships, and researchers have found no differences in terms of depression, anxiety and self-esteem

Moreover, the research found that

children of gay and lesbian couples to be healthier and have a stronger family unit.

I'm sure the gob frothers will work themselves up into a nice lather :roll:

You are an odious Neaderthalich homophobe and I will have nothing more to do with such a person.

Blocked.

Toddle off to your "safe space" then. I won't miss you.

In post 23 I did quote research which showed that

Cheers, I'll take a look.

We dont agree sometimes but I'd have to agree 100% with this. There are some pretty odious and intolerant comments dressed up in concern for the child in all of this.

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 13:40 ----------

Tough. If you dont accept gay rights then you are being homophobic.

So we are all supposed to be brainwashed robots who only hold one opinion on this subject ?

Well , not everyone is going to accept the view rammed down our throats by the powers that be, and nor should they.

Everyone is entitled to hold their own views , some will tow the politically correct line, some wont .

I think she should be really proud of herself, for doing such an amazing, selfless thing.

Same as a woman who sells herself for sex to a man,well done.

So we are all supposed to be brainwashed robots who only hold one opinion on this subject ?

Well , not everyone is going to accept the view rammed down our throats by the powers that be, and nor should they.

Everyone is entitled to hold their own views , some will tow the politically correct line, some wont .

Thats fine. But it makes you a homophobe. Own it.

Exactly. All these people dressing up their homophobia as 'concern for the children'.

its the same mock outrage about the sex scandal in rotherham and rochdale etc. no outrage about other sex scandals, grooming scandals. they dont care about the victims, just the race of the perpetrators

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 16:57 ----------

again, that doesnt make it correct, it just means you choose to be a homophobe, and thats your reason

Thats fine. But it makes you a homophobe. Own it.

Who says ? The politically correct powers that be ?

Why is their opinion right ,and others people wrong ?

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 17:02 ----------

its the same mock outrage about the sex scandal in rotherham and rochdale etc. no outrage about other sex scandals, grooming scandals. they dont care about the victims, just the race of the perpetrators

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 16:57 ----------

again, that doesnt make it correct, it just means you choose to be a homophobe, and thats your reason

My concern is for the kid, as i posted the other day . They never think of the effect it will have on the child. They are only concerned with getting what they want. IE, a child.

Thats not homophobic .

My concern is for the kid, as i posted the other day . They never think of the effect it will have on the child. They are only concerned with getting what they want. IE, a child.

Thats not homophobic .

and being loved by two parents is soooooo bad :P

Thats not homophobic .

What effect will it have on the child??

Try reading what Mr M has now posted twice stating that studies show there are NO DIFFERENCES in the effects of being raised by gay or straight parents.

Where is your evidence there is some sort of negative effect? What exactly do you consider "THEY" should be made to think about?

If its just some deluded unverified opinion of ".....errrr errr look at them two men having a child....its not natural init..." Then that doesn't cut it pal. That is homophobic.

As other have asked of you several times now. Just man up and admit it. You can of course have your opinion - but it doesn't mean that opinion isnt homophobic. Deal with it. You want to stand by your submissions grow some gonads and admit what they are.

Edited by ECCOnoob

?

Erm, the dictionary?

There's clearly no scientific evidence to back up your claim and it's not like it's new thing - it's been happening for years. How many women are there out there that were married then ended up in a lesbian relationship? Are you saying all those kids are damaged too? You're making decisions based on your own prejudices - which is fine. Just be honest with yourself.