Films made in Sheffield

ID, about a police officer who goes undercover as a football hooligan, has scenes shot in Sheffield.

As does the Robert Carlyse film Face.

yeh, didnt they pretend millmoor was in newcastle or sumat?

yeh, geordie copper at the top of the stand tellin him to get back in the cage with the rest of the animals!! haha

Fleas is the bass player. Anthony Kiedis the singer. To avoid confusion. And 'Threads' is a great film, though I wasn't allowed to watch it when it came out as I was far too young!

I also wasn't allowed to watch Threads when it came out. Saw it not that long ago and was still scary.

There was a film called Crime Strike, a lot of it filmed around the Town Hall and Peace Gardens. I was an extra in that!

One of my ex-girlfriends was an extra in that. She was meant to be a police woman in one of the fight/riot scenes at the old Peace Gardens, and she refused to wear flat shoes :rolleyes: .

It came on the TV about 15 years ago, when we lived together in London. I can still remember laughing after she told all her workmates that she was in this film and could all say they knew an actress from it ....... :hihi:

........ all you could see were a pair of legs, barely up to the knee, with high heels (she taped it and watched it again to see if she could see her shoes, I kid you not), going across the screen once ....... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Laugh? I nearly bought my own beer ........ :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Neil Dudgeon police drama from the early/mid 90s = Out of the blue

Ken Loach railway drama from a few years back = The Navigators

Also, "Looks and Smiles" was another Ken Loach film from the early 80s filmed in Sheffield.

This Threads actress was only in one film. Maybe she didn't want to get typecast?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

This Threads actress was only in one film. Maybe she didn't want to get typecast?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

yeh, geordie copper at the top of the stand tellin him to get back in the cage with the rest of the animals!! haha

ID was based on a team named 'Shadwell Town' who were based in London, I do believe. I was an extra in that film.

ID was based on a team named 'Shadwell Town' who were based in London, I do believe. I was an extra in that film.

we are shadwell, the kennell is our place.... haha, all the memories are coming back now!!

yup, great film!! when they came to millmoor, they were playin "whoppin town"!!?? he stabs someone in the old rotherham town markets.

scenes in sheffield include arriving at sheffield midland train station., and then on a coach journey past the tinsley viaduct.

Anyone remember 'A Very British Coup'? Most of it was obviously based in London, but the fictional PM was none other than the member for Sheffield Central - my MP! Ray MacAnally played the main character - in real life that would be Richard Caborn, heaven forbid... :hihi:

A film was made in about 1991 for chanel 4 called crime strike I was an extra as a press photograopher.

It's page three, and no-one has redundantly mentioned 'Threads', so I will. ;)

I mentioned it earlier:confused: