Films made in Sheffield

Wasn't there a Rockumentary called "Made in Sheffield" about 80's bands that came from Sheffield i.e. Human League etc?

Yes, look at post #4 ;)

Yes, look at post #4 ;)

Oh dear, its there clear as day :( I honestly did look, but obviously not close enough. At least I didn't mention Threads though :)

Here's what someone needs to do:

Hire the Showroom one afternoon/evening and show three of the Sheffield films back to back. Call it Made in Sheffield, and start it with the "City on the move" promotion from the Full Monty. Charge £10 a ticket and donate some of the money to charity (or just keep it all).

I.D., was filmed in Sheffield and Rotherham. Craig Thomas was in that too, albeit a very small hooligan part!

I.D., was filmed in Sheffield and Rotherham. Craig Thomas was in that too, albeit a very small hooligan part!

yeh, didnt they pretend millmoor was in newcastle or sumat?

i forgot about that, the fight scene in rotherham market

Just watched Threads... had to look out the window afterwards to reassure myself that Sheffield was still there.. very disturbing film :(

Not sure.. its available on Amazon tho at a bargain price.

There was a film called Crime Strike, a lot of it filmed around the Town Hall and Peace Gardens. I was an extra in that!

in 1966 67 sophia loren made a part of one of her italian films in sheffield and extras were recruited from the mojo club .threads was the name of the nuclear film. also the opening scenes of sylvester stallone s film F.I.S.T has the old pub the swan down at the roundabout at the post officesorting officenear meadowhall.the pub was demolished several years ago.a tv drama about some kind of asteroid disaster/sci fi series was filmed here about 4 years ago it used middlewood hospital for a lot of scenes sorry but forgot the title .the new bridge inn at wadsley bridge was used for a one off play back in 1984 it starred michael elphick as a pigeon fancier

Not sure.. its available on Amazon tho at a bargain price.

that is cheap, might have to make a purchase