Spotify compatible devices

I used to use a a Logitech Squeezebox to play Spotify music through my main hifi, but Logitech no longer support Spotify. I have an Apple TV but that doesn't support Spotify either.

What is the best way to get Spotify to my hifi?

Thanks

Or splash out on a PlayStation and listen to your favourite music while gaming. (I don't use Spotify myself).

A Now TV box will and they're £15 at the moment http://www.nowtv.com/tv-box

Looks like this would work.... but I'd also need to plug it into a TV to be able to see menus etc?

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 13:01 ----------

Or splash out on a PlayStation and listen to your favourite music while gaming. (I don't use Spotify myself).

Thanks! Not interested in gaming though and I'd have to plug it into a TV as with the NOW box thats also been suggested?

Edited by Grahamfff

Amazon Echo/Echo Dot or Chromecast Audio.

I have both and both work well with Spotify.

Edited by steroc

Sonos does. Apple TV does if you Airplay it from another device (i.e. an iPhone, iPad or MacBook).

I used to use a a Logitech Squeezebox to play Spotify music through my main hifi, but Logitech no longer support Spotify. I have an Apple TV but that doesn't support Spotify either.

What is the best way to get Spotify to my hifi?

Thanks

Google chromecast. Then you can cast the audio from your phone and play any source you like, spotify or something of your local nas.

No screen required, you can control it from your phone (or google home if you wish).

Added advantage, you can create multiroom audio if you wish, chromecasts can be grouped and play in sync, £30 for the chromecast audio.

Sonos does. Apple TV does if you Airplay it from another device (i.e. an iPhone, iPad or MacBook).

I do Airplay from my Mac to the Apple TV but it does tend to stutter a bit. Not sure it the problem is between the computer and the wifi router, or between the router and the Apple TV. Given where the devices are situated, I can try connecting router and Apple by Ethernet rather than wifi and see if that helps.

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 23:32 ----------

You could try this with your Squeezebox, the software is still developed...just 3rd party plugins etc. Personally I use a Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer :)

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-the-next-generation-Spotify-implementation&p=887529#post887529

Thanks! There's a lot of this post I don't understand, but if I read it really slowly I might manage it!

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 23:37 ----------

Amazon Echo/Echo Dot or Chromecast Audio.

I have both and both work well with Spotify.

How would I connect it to my hifi amp which has phono input but no 3.5mm socket?

Is there a way to get Bluetooth to your hifi? A Bluetooth adaptor going in through an AUX socket should do the job. You can then log in to Spotify on your phone and then play it through Bluetooth to your stereo.

Is there a way to get Bluetooth to your hifi? A Bluetooth adaptor going in through an AUX socket should do the job. You can then log in to Spotify on your phone and then play it through Bluetooth to your stereo.

I've not tried to get Bluetooth into the amp. Will I get good quality this way, compared to what I got from my Squeezebox (which was connected to the amp photo leads)?

How would I connect it to my hifi amp which has phono input but no 3.5mm socket?

Both the Echo Dot and Chromecast Audio have 3.5mm audio outputs. 3.5mm stereo jack to twin RCA/Phono leads are widely available to connect them to your amp.

---------- Post added 06-11-2017 at 07:31 ----------

I've not tried to get Bluetooth into the amp. Will I get good quality this way, compared to what I got from my Squeezebox (which was connected to the amp photo leads)?

The short answer is no. Plus your phone would have to be kept in range and running Spotify so would be a battery drainer too.

I'd definitely recommend the Echo Dot. It is also an internet radio and a Bluetooth receiver. Plus so many other uses too.

Edited by steroc