Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

They've admitted they were well beaten and underestimated us, can't see the value in any more point scoring tbh.

The Owl's fan's admitted- including myself- they were out played, out thought and well beaten. It was the coaching staff that underestimated the Blades.

Whats changed ?

Championship ? Better players ? Better manager ?

Whatever the home crowd is - get ready.

Wouldn't say that'd make the crowd more hostile.

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 18:50 ----------

The Owl's fan's admitted- including myself- they were out played, out thought and well beaten. It was the coaching staff that underestimated the Blades.

I don't think they did, that's how we set up under Carlos, you've seen us on telly before and said that's shocking, we've just got no pace, no plan B.

We were beaten a far better side with more imagination.

I don't think they did, that's how we set up under Carlos, you've seen us on telly before and said that's shocking, we've just got no pace, no plan B.

Get yourself a ticket in January and find out.

Billy Sharp on twitter:

"Got woken up at 2 min to 4 last night by the kids bouncing on the bed. Mark Duffy came in and put them back to sleep."

He's here all week.

Bouncing Day Massacre

Most of the hostility from united fans seems to be outside the ground if the footage emerging from yesterday was anything to go by. United need to be careful that this element doesn't spoil what is a great period for the club.

Been before, if result goes wrong way it's quiet same as any ground.

I thought that was what I said....however...

Well I'm sure people have seen these, but why not just post them again :)

Of course, one is happy today despite an enormous hangover! :hihi:

(watched in 2 Weds pubs, and no trouble even though in the second the people I knew in there announced to everyone who I support :help: Shame people are highlighting a few people who cause bother in other thread in normal forum - I saw no bother at all and had a good banter with all Owls I spoke to)

One thing that watching on Sky didn't capture, but I enjoyed watching today were the couple of brave owls who posted their phone videos.

Undoubtedly, this was recorded by thousands and thousands of people, what with phone technology today,

I don't think I'll ever get bored of watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIJuJb92AQ

though I thought this was better quality video but I think you need Twitter (that I don't use but have an account)

The pub wasn't much different. i was quite calm throughout the first half, and knew I would take an enormous risk cheering, but when the whole pub was bouncing and this went in, I nearly exploded with :clap::hihi:

:)

The dust has settled. The result remains the same. Well done United, you Blades quite rightly are having a proper gloat and a laugh. 4-2 at Hillsborough, great, brilliant, outstanding result. Bravo! ................. Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Now back to reality. United weren't brilliant. Clark wasn't World Class. The football wasn't mesmerising. The goals weren't Worldies. Blades midfield wasn't outstanding. (The goal keeper was <removed>, of that, one can be confident).

Wednesday weren't 'out fought'. Wednesday weren't 'outclassed'. Wednesday weren't bullied.

What Wednesday were however, was embarrassed by Brooks' absolute quality, guile, and heart (Thanks Manchester City)

If (MASSIVE IF) the Wednesday from 45 minutes to 65 minutes had turned up at 1-15, United wouldn't be gloating and Wednesday wouldn't be hurting.

United hardly got a kick for the whole 20 minutes, Wednesday outplayed 'em, out fought 'em and outclassed 'em. At 2-1 to 2-2 United fans witnessed the quality, the power, and the strength of what Wednesday CAN do, and the majority of Blades fans thought that their great day had come to an end.

Then Wednesday slowed, and then stopped. We did exactly the same against Derby last season and held on for a 2-1. What the reason for this is, no Owl knows. Is it the players? Is it Carlos? Is it Lee Bullen?

I'm very close to leaving them to it, and staying at home, or in the pub. I'm peed off with it. We're a very good side that likes, far too often, to play a bit crap.

It's about time some Wednesday fans realised it, and stopped glossing over the cracks. We HAVE to play differently under Carlos, or get rid of Carlos, there's no in between. Shoot me down all you like, but I'm sure I'm right, and I speak/say/write what some Owls find Taboo.

We don't play to our limit anything like enough. If we did, we'd be flying.

Have no doubt we scared United to death yesterday for the 20 minutes we played.

They can have their fun, they can have Chris Wilder (Looking like a top, top manager), but I don't believe for one minute that their 18 is better than our 18 when our 18 decide that they want to play. Wilder's 18 want to play, love to play, and DO play, 95 minutes a game, every game.

We stopped them, and showed them how to do it for 20 minutes, and they had no answer. They were better than us for the other 74 minutes, and well done to them, but being better than us yesterday wasn't really difficult was it?

Tell me Wednesday players, what is the problem with you and Carlos, or Bullen, or Chansiri at Wednesday, because I'm no thicko. Something's clearly not good and wants sorting pretty damn quickly?

I'll get my tin hat to fend off what I expect to be a barrage of doh's from all parties. Get on with it, cos I've really had enough.

(By the way, I haven't got any toys, no dummy and no pram.

Our defensive luck ran out last night, and by God we were punished.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

The dust has settled. The result remains the same. Well done United, you Blades quite rightly are having a proper gloat and a laugh. 4-2 at Hillsborough, great, brilliant, outstanding result. Bravo! ................. Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Now back to reality. United weren't brilliant. Clark wasn't World Class. The football wasn't mesmerising. The goals weren't Worldies. Blades midfield wasn't outstanding. (The goal keeper was <removed>, of that, one can be confident).

Wednesday weren't 'out fought'. Wednesday weren't 'outclassed'. Wednesday weren't bullied.

What Wednesday were however, was embarrassed by Brooks' absolute quality, guile, and heart (Thanks Manchester City)

If (MASSIVE IF) the Wednesday from 45 minutes to 65 minutes had turned up at 1-15, United wouldn't be gloating and Wednesday wouldn't be hurting.

United hardly got a kick for the whole 20 minutes, Wednesday outplayed 'em, out fought 'em and outclassed 'em. At 2-1 to 2-2 United fans witnessed the quality, the power, and the strength of what Wednesday CAN do, and the majority of Blades fans thought that their great day had come to an end.

Then Wednesday slowed, and then stopped. We did exactly the same against Derby last season and held on for a 2-1. What the reason for this is, no Owl knows. Is it the players? Is it Carlos? Is it Lee Bullen?

I'm very close to leaving them to it, and staying at home, or in the pub. I'm peed off with it. We're a very good side that likes, far too often, to play a bit crap.

It's about time some Wednesday fans realised it, and stopped glossing over the cracks. We HAVE to play differently under Carlos, or get rid of Carlos, there's no in between. Shoot me down all you like, but I'm sure I'm right, and I speak/say/write what some Owls find Taboo.

We don't play to our limit anything like enough. If we did, we'd be flying.

Have no doubt we scared United to death yesterday for the 20 minutes we played.

They can have their fun, they can have Chris Wilder (Looking like a top, top manager), but I don't believe for one minute that their 18 is better than our 18 when our 18 decide that they want to play. Wilder's 18 want to play, love to play, and DO play, 95 minutes a game, every game.

We stopped them, and showed them how to do it for 20 minutes, and they had no answer. They walloped us for the other 74 minutes, and well done to them.

Tell me Wednesday players, what is the problem with you and Carlos, or Bullen, or Chansiri at Wednesday, because I'm no thicko. Something's clearly not good and wants sorting pretty damn quickly.

I'll get my tin hat to fend off what I expect to be a barrage of doh's from all parties. Get on with it, cos I've really had enough.

(By the way, I haven't got any toys, no dummy and no pram.

Our defensive luck ran out last night, and by God we were punished.

Mate, take your blue and white specs off, Wednesday were outclassed and it could have been more.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Mate, take your blue and white specs off, Wednesday were outclassed and it could have been more.

Yep it could have been more.................... and?

Where was United's 'class'?

Defo gonna get one sent off United, no discipline, Wednesday will pass you off the pitch , you heard it hear ?

Sorry, what was that Corks???...:hihi::hihi::hihi: