Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

Rhodes looked terrified when he came on as sub, no bottle that lad

I think that's a very fair assessment. United has their 2 first choice strikers out injured as well. But in fairness I don't think we could have asked for anything more out of Brooks & Clarke. Just hope we can hang onto Brooks as if he keeps playing like that I can't see him staying. Young Hirst must be looking on a little green eyed as both played really well for England.

Brooks is quality, first time I've seen him. Thats the route Wednesday should have gone down, young kid with pace, instead of Boyd, Butterfield etc, freshen it up.

Right that's as much praise as I can manage for you today

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 22:28 ----------

No confidence, never used him right, feel sorry for him

I have not seen or heard any of the match but have read all comments on here

I would like to say that CW puts a team out to WIN (1 chance in three)

Carlos puts a team out not to lose (2chances in three) That is the reason for todays result

I predicted a 2 goal margin for us but we scored 4 instead of 3 SORRY

Up the Blades

I have not seen or heard any of the match but have read all comments on here

I would like to say that CW puts a team out to WIN (1 chance in three)

Carlos puts a team out not to lose (2chances in three) That is the reason for todays result

I predicted a 2 goal margin for us but we scored 4 instead of 3 SORRY

Up the Blades

Couldn't disagree more, CC put out virtually the same team that had done well lately, it didn't work end of.

he didnt sign autographs as well because he doesnt like pens

Thought I'd chip in a few words.......

Great result for the Blades today and I'm so pleased for everyone at the club.

Whilst I quite enjoy the pre-match banter, what comes as a surprise is the post-match honesty from the majority of ardent Wednesdayites. Apart from one numpty who accused the Blades of kicking every Owl off the pitch, the comments from the blue supporters describe the game for what it was: one team turned up and the other didn't. Both sides were not up to full strength, so no-one was at an obvious disadvantage, and it was pleasing that for such a highly charged fixture, not many cards were shown. How many previous derbies have been spoiled by a red card?

Genuine respect to all the posters on here who saw the game for what it was.

Hope there wasn't any trouble after the match.......

Guest sibon

:D

Sometimes you get a nice surprise.

ormester makes a funny joke.

Blimey

Very difficult to predict the outcome..Both clubs in decent form...no doubt United's chairman,manager and captain will be getting very giddy as the week progresses,considering how excited they were at facing Wednesday after gaining promotion last season....

Wednesday seem to have a reasonably settled starting 11 and it would be a massive bonus if Hutchinson is fit for the weekend...on form i'd back Wednesday against anyone and whilst i admire what United have done since winning promotion,i couldn't name you anymore than 3 or 4 of their team...

i hope Wednesday win 10-0...but i'd take any sort of win...

Would that be Clarke, Duffy, Fleck and (man of the match) Brooks?

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 00:58 ----------

United fans fantasy that blade Wilder will have united snapping at the leash, whilst that funny foreigner Carlos will not have a clue what the derby is all about are way off the mark, the Owls have a settled side and a fantastic team spirit, not saying that we'll because of that but it's not to doubted. It's a good few days away yet but whilst it's all quiet in the Wednesday camp there seems to be a few losing their heads at the Lane in the run up. Seemingly resting players in a home game seems very odd for a manager who's done so much right.

Exactly.........

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:01 ----------

it will be a great game a easy win by Wednesday,possible 4-0 but utd are new to this league and doing okay,but just lack the spending power that's how I see it,many others will disagree but that's football chat thanks

Ha ha pure comedy gold, thanks for that

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:04 ----------

Defo gonna get one sent off United, no discipline, Wednesday will pass you off the pitch , you heard it hear ?

Dear oh dear Corks, you used to be so level headed, there was no way you were going to win a Sheffield derby against a born-and-bred Sheffield United manager.

The return leg at Bramall Lane will be an even bigger winning margin for SUFC when we have our 1st choice strike partnership back.

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:06 ----------

still stick to my 4-0 prediction ,you cannot beat classy expensive talent on a normal day,

tryers are great but that's why they are cheap or freebies,except the odd one,the general rule is you buy the best to be the best,and Wednesday have done this over the last 2 years,i think united will get to the premier but they need to spend to get there.

Oh mate, please stop, I love a laugh as much as the next bloke, but you are making my sides ache.

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:07 ----------

Spending £8m on a striker with a career record of a goal every two games was a gamble worth taking to get promotion to the Premier League...unfortunately it didn't work out as planned....but to have a player of his calibre in the squad this season is fantastic....imagine a tight game on Sunday and it could go either way...and you look at your bench to bring on a potential match winner...who would you sooner have...Leon Clarke or Jordan Rhodes...?

Er............:hihi:

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:11 ----------

Come on Wednesday shut these up this weekend , this city is ours !!!

As far as I know Barnsley and South Barnsley are not cities pal. Only one club in the city, unless you want to include the outlying suburbs, which were not part of Sheffield when the club moved there? :hihi:

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:13 ----------

Van Aken 1st goal Owls 2.0- 66.1 get on it .��

Get ready.

Is that the lad who Duffy made to look a fool for the third SUFC goal?

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:16 ----------

Time to go. Come out of the traps and there will only be one outcome. W.A.W.A.W.

There was no "we're", when we said it back in the 70's, just

"All Blades aren't we?"

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:19 ----------

Embarrassing now 2 - 4

Embarrassing in what way?, did you really think a team that finished with a 100 point goal tally last term, and were top of League One from the start of 2017 to the end of the season were really some sort of pushover?

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:23 ----------

If that was a passionate display by United, I wasn't impressed. It wasn't brilliance by any stretch. Brooks was outstanding, our defence was awful (I've said this for 12 months or more) We've been fortunate many, many times and our fortune ran out today. Clark won everything in the air, foul or fair and we made him look like a Superstar. Hooper did really well....... and Joao made a big impact. Fletch worked hard and well again, but that's it. We didn't turn up. This result may have done us a massive favour. We either change how we play, or whoever Manages us.

Our half a team did ok, but we need big changes.

You will be at Bramall Lane, when we have a full strength team........

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:25 ----------

Plan B worked and got us back to 2-2? Then our comedy defending took over.

However I worry that our overall style of play is too pedestrian and our players look unfit and feeble.

When Leon Clarke is whipping you for pace and power that's a really bad sign.

Mate, I genuinely think you never saw the best of Leon when he played for you (genuinely), he is much quicker than people give him credit for

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:29 ----------

Outfought, outplayed. Best team won, could have been six. DC has a big decision to make. I think he'll stick with Carlos but if he decides to make a change he must appoint either a motivator or a wheeler dealer, FFP sees to that and we don't know if DC would want to chuck any more millions at it anyway.

Very disappointed today but not altogether surprised to see the underdogs triumph, what's new in a Sheffield derby?

Just glad I don't have to put on a brave face tomorrow morning at work anymore but sorry for the thousands that will. :)

Jim, you are normally a level headed poster, why would SUFC be underdogs, with the start we have had to this season?

Perhaps Rhodes had spoken with Don Givens ? (you may need to ask.)

Well, well, well.

What can you say to that eh ?

Wednesday were taught a lesson today.

Nothing more than United deserved.

For the first 30mins Wednesday were never in it, United could have easily gone 3 up !

Wonder kid Brookes tore your defence apart, a quality goal from Fleck.

Clarke scores 2 ! Duffy stops all the girly bouncing.

What more could you wish for :hihi:

Lets not forget, we are the team that will struggle in the Championship, the team that doesn't have players good enough to step up a level.

Today Wednesdayites, you witnessed a Sheffield United side that outfought you, played the best football - and generally had more desire.

I'm just a little bit miffed we didn't score more.

What a job Wilder and his staff have done.

As much as I enjoyed the result I was nervous throughout, the Blades were head and shoulders above the wednesday players and we shook them with two early goals. Was surprised with the inclusion of Brooks but oh my, did he turn up.

That result has been a long time coming, well done Blades. But we've achieved nothing yet, it's on to the tough Wolves game. I still say survival is our main goal and whether we finish above or below wednesday, as long as we stay up, I'll be happy.

It might have been your birthday on Saturday, Chris, but you gave every single Blade a gift on Sunday.

Up the Blades.

If Basham had scored when he looked favourite to do at 2-0 it would have been all over by half time

Did I say any different? Apart from a 15 minute spell, we were crap. You weren't that good, you didn't have to be.