Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

top4718

Average players who put four past you lot and really it should have been more on your own pitch.Well if they are average you lot have a major problem,To be honest (AND I AM) Wednesday were the easiest opponents we have met up to now.So if you all think we might struggle in this league you lot will get relegated.It was by far our easiest win to date and on your own pitch says it all really.

I've done nothing but say united deserved the win they are average players that Wilder has melded into an effective unit. We were awful yesterday particularly defensively but we don't have major problems, we bottled a derby but our form prior to the game was decent. The big thing now is how they react in the next two games.

Didn’t we win League One at a canter last season? Oh wait that won’t be anything major in Owls eyes as it’s only a Pub League. Well that Pub Team showed what team spirit, guile and passion is yesterday. A lot of Owls have admitted we were the better team so instead of trolling with your comments why not hold your hands up and admit we were better on the day? Comments like yours will just lead to the old my dads bigger than yours, attendances, etc.

I thought I had done. Post #169.

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 13:24 ----------

Very sour. Also, it's a bit rich coming from a SWFC supporter. Your trophy cabinet isn't exactly full? I suppose a Rumeblows Cup win 25 years ago puts you streets ahead, though...

Yesterdays game will live long in the memory. After all the pre match arrogance from Owls, to outplay them and put four past them at Hillsborough was incredible.

Also, can't see the 'if you don't bounce' song being sung too often again. I can't get the song out of my head, and it makes me smile every time.

If you'd have beat us in that manner at Bramall Lane, we'd expect much of the same from you. Credit to your fans, though. Some sour grapes, as always. But most fully admit they were beaten by the better team on the day, and that we could have had more.

Yes, it was a bit sour. Still true though.

Would that be Clarke, Duffy, Fleck and (man of the match) Brooks?

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 00:58 ----------

Exactly.........

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:01 ----------

Ha ha pure comedy gold, thanks for that

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:04 ----------

Dear oh dear Corks, you used to be so level headed, there was no way you were going to win a Sheffield derby against a born-and-bred Sheffield United manager.

The return leg at Bramall Lane will be an even bigger winning margin for SUFC when we have our 1st choice strike partnership back.

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:06 ----------

Oh mate, please stop, I love a laugh as much as the next bloke, but you are making my sides ache.

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:07 ----------

Er............:hihi:

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:11 ----------

As far as I know Barnsley and South Barnsley are not cities pal. Only one club in the city, unless you want to include the outlying suburbs, which were not part of Sheffield when the club moved there? :hihi:

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:13 ----------

Is that the lad who Duffy made to look a fool for the third SUFC goal?

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:16 ----------

There was no "we're", when we said it back in the 70's, just

"All Blades aren't we?"

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:19 ----------

Embarrassing in what way?, did you really think a team that finished with a 100 point goal tally last term, and were top of League One from the start of 2017 to the end of the season were really some sort of pushover?

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:23 ----------

You will be at Bramall Lane, when we have a full strength team........

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:25 ----------

Mate, I genuinely think you never saw the best of Leon when he played for you (genuinely), he is much quicker than people give him credit for

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 01:29 ----------

Jim, you are normally a level headed poster, why would SUFC be underdogs, with the start we have had to this season?

These threads are set up before games to get people's views/predictions/opinions before the event, for someone who rarely uses the forum to then spend time trawling for comments to have a dig at after the game is very poor.

Perhaps take time to start one about Uniteds next game to see how accurate you can be.

I thought I had done. Post #169.

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 13:24 ----------

Yes, it was a bit sour. Still true though.

How so? In the last 50 years, how many more trophies do you have?

All talk and nothing to really back it up. Very stereotypical of a SWFC supporter.

Edited by SomeNextGuy

during mi radio show (while the match was on) mi mate, whos a cockney, and a west ham fan, who was watching the fan as a neutral said at the end it was like theyd just won the champions league lol

Owls would and have behaved in exact same way when winning a derby. To be expected to be honest

Nice to see the Blades winning so gracefully.:rolleyes:

Not sure there was many Blades claiming that they were going to batter the Owls, but there was plenty of the latter claiming they'd be far too strong for us, and a comfortable win was on the cards.

I've not given anyone stick, the fact is that we were the better side on the day, that's literally it. But those giving it out before the match really can't be moaning about getting a bit back now.

Edited by SomeNextGuy

Will this be known as 'The Bouncing Day Massacre' ?

Quality. Class.

Maybe ‘The Day the T*ts Stopped Bouncing’

Edited by Guest