Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

The most interesting videos and debates on the subject are by Prof. Jordan Peterson. It's good to see an academic like him not towing the usual line in such debates.

Edited by LowCostPoint

Guest makapaka

The interesting part of the link I put on (I don’t think I did the link thing right but you can find it) is the effect on young children.

It’s alright adults passing comment on what children should or shouldn’t be allowed to be perceived as from a gender point of view - but the impact on children not yet capable of making that decision/dealing with those choices can be damaging.

There are other examples available online on the confusion it causes when children feel what is seen as gender conformance is looked on unfavourably - ie girls feeling bad about doing “girl things” and vice versa.

It’s important to take that into account - and to be wary of the current leaning to gender fluidity doesn’t make you a bigot.

which is paradoxical considering your'e not. :D

is that a fact or a view? :suspect::help:

Guest makapaka
is that a fact or a view? :suspect::help:

Or not “paradoxical” at all - even though I agree with his reply to an extent.

Your personal opinion dosnt make it fact . its just your view

It's a fact that the 99% he quoted was a total fabrication. My view is that the poster in question is deeply ignorant of other people's experience, fearful of that which he doesn't understand and has very little empathy or emotional intelligence.

Is that better?

The interesting part of the link I put on (I don’t think I did the link thing right but you can find it) is the effect on young children.

It’s alright adults passing comment on what children should or shouldn’t be allowed to be perceived as from a gender point of view - but the impact on children not yet capable of making that decision/dealing with those choices can be damaging.

There are other examples available online on the confusion it causes when children feel what is seen as gender conformance is looked on unfavourably - ie girls feeling bad about doing “girl things” and vice versa.

It’s important to take that into account - and to be wary of the current leaning to gender fluidity doesn’t make you a bigot.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/13/trangender-mum-and-pansexual-dad-raising-child-in-britains-first-gender-fluid-family-6848824/.

And your view about the family in the link is...?

well there is a case of child abuse if ever there was, personal influence of adults views and preferences on young children is sick and wrong. the poor kid has no choice in this and may seem happy as thats all hes known:loopy::loopy:

social services should be in there sharpish.

And your view about the family in the link is...?

I think its quite obvious the kid has a good chance of being ridiculed which is not going to help him one bit,what about your view?

I think its quite obvious the kid has a good chance of being ridiculed which is not going to help him one bit,what about your view?

I kind of have to agree, but not for the reasons you all probably think.

In my opinion, kids should not be given toys or clothes that are gender stereotypical so the parents are doing the right thing there. I think they are making too much of a big thing, too much fuss about everything. They should do it quietly so the kid doesn't realise what is going on. Parents should gently guide their kids rather than force their views on them.

I can remember my parents trying to dress me as a kid. I wouldn't let them do it or pick my clothes. They did used to buy my clothes but if there was something I didn't like I wouldn't wear it. If I chose clashing items that were unsuited to the occasion they would gently guide me. Isn't this what all parents should do? I'm not saying my parents were perfect. I just feel people are making too much of a big thing about developing a style and identity, something we all have to do irrespective of our gender.

Don't you think they're forcing a name on him which I,m pretty sure he won't want when he gets older and making him wear pink socks.