Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

I would agree that white men are the least oppressed.

I wouldn’t agree that there is no oppression of white men. I would imagine a white man living in an ex mining town with no opportunities or job prospects and with someone telling him he is privileged so less entitled to “positive discrimination” to enable him to get a leg up - with the only job opportunity being a zero hour wage job at sports direct probably feels a bit oppressed. A government that has no interest in regenerating their local economy and them trying to make ends meet and/or provide for their family.

Halibut couldn’t accept that though - cos they are completely incapable of seeing any other point of view save for their own.

A massively successful troll I believe - or maybe someone without the empathy they purport to have .

This is part of the problem - 'women are underrespresented'... but only for the 'good' jobs. Women don't appear to be that underrepresented in waste collection, the armed forces, manufacturing, steel works... Hell! Even volunteering in the RNLI!

No, it's only where the money is that women aren't given a fair shake of the stick.

The other thing i thought of is no one has mentioned that, statistically, women live longer yet could retire earlier! So who's been paying for that all this time? That never seems to get mentioned. If women have had the crappy jobs, but been able to retire before men, where's the money come from?

Guest makapaka
This is part of the problem - 'women are underrespresented'... but only for the 'good' jobs. Women don't appear to be that underrepresented in waste collection, the armed forces, manufacturing, steel works... Hell! Even volunteering in the RNLI!

No, it's only where the money is that women aren't given a fair shake of the stick.

The other thing i thought of is no one has mentioned that, statistically, women live longer yet could retire earlier! So who's been paying for that all this time? That never seems to get mentioned. If women have had the crappy jobs, but been able to retire before men, where's the money come from?

It’s a fair point that no one uses certain jobs as evidence of discrimination against women. But you sort of made the point that women are under represented in higher paid jobs - there must be a reason for that.

The thing is - it is improving - it’s getting better in terms of equality - some people just want to constantly bring out arguments from people who are less sympathetic to it (I’m not necessarily including you in this) - they seem to revel in the counter argument rather than pushing the positives.

It’s to make them feel better about themselves I think.

It’s a fair point that no one uses certain jobs as evidence of discrimination against women. But you sort of made the point that women are under represented in higher paid jobs - there must be a reason for that.

The thing is - it is improving - it’s getting better in terms of equality - some people just want to constantly bring out arguments from people who are less sympathetic to it (I’m not necessarily including you in this) - they seem to revel in the counter argument rather than pushing the positives.

It’s to make them feel better about themselves I think.

It depends on the sector because, where i work (public sector) the director is female, many of the unit managers are female (don't know exact numbers, but the majority of managers i can think of are female) and most of the team leaders are female. And that's only talking of those on grades above me. Of the 8 of us on my grade, it's a 50/50 split, and of those on the 2 grades below me, the majority are female. Our office is predominantly female, with the unit manager being female. So, from personal experience, females have been in the majority where i work.

Now, the private sector might be different and i can't speak for that. But, it is against the law for 2 people to be paid differently for doing the same job. By that same token, if it's possible to pay a woman less to do the same job as a man, why aren't employers scrambling to employ more women? A bit like the argument with foreign workers.

If women are underrepresented higher up, is it simply down to discrimination? If it is, why aren't they taking the employer to court?

Back on topic please and keep it civil.

Guest makapaka
It depends on the sector because, where i work (public sector) the director is female, many of the unit managers are female (don't know exact numbers, but the majority of managers i can think of are female) and most of the team leaders are female. And that's only talking of those on grades above me. Of the 8 of us on my grade, it's a 50/50 split, and of those on the 2 grades below me, the majority are female. Our office is predominantly female, with the unit manager being female. So, from personal experience, females have been in the majority where i work.

Now, the private sector might be different and i can't speak for that. But, it is against the law for 2 people to be paid differently for doing the same job. By that same token, if it's possible to pay a woman less to do the same job as a man, why aren't employers scrambling to employ more women? A bit like the argument with foreign workers.

If women are underrepresented higher up, is it simply down to discrimination? If it is, why aren't they taking the employer to court?

You make some good points but it’s not as straightforward as getting paid for the same job - it’s having the mobility to move into the top jobs which statistics show don’t happen too much for women compared to men.

Had the wireless on last night and GF was the subject. The Lady who was one of the contributors was trying to explain why she wanted her Passport to list her sex as X. The X to denote that she wanted to be known as male one day, or female perhaps the next, or indeed neither one or the other but some kind of "intersex". The host did ask some relevant questions which X did try to answer, but the simple question I was waiting for never came. "Which toilet would you use on a day to day basis away from home". Maybe the easiest way out would now be to build /adapt, Gents, Ladies or GF/X.

Angel1.

Had the wireless on last night and GF was the subject. The Lady who was one of the contributors was trying to explain why she wanted her Passport to list her sex as X. The X to denote that she wanted to be known as male one day, or female perhaps the next, or indeed neither one or the other but some kind of "intersex". The host did ask some relevant questions which X did try to answer, but the simple question I was waiting for never came. "Which toilet would you use on a day to day basis away from home". Maybe the easiest way out would now be to build /adapt, Gents, Ladies or GF/X.

Angel1.

Even easier for us to just stop being so hung up about toilets. A toilet is a toilet regardless of the users gender.

Even easier for us to just stop being so hung up about toilets. A toilet is a toilet regardless of the users gender.

No one except you "progressives" were "hung up" about toilets. Toilets were the furthest thing from peoples minds before you lot started campaigning for unisex toilets to appease the tiny minority of gender confused people.

Toilets in many places are confined intimate places and if they're all made unisex("gender neutral") an increase in bad things will happen, i.e sexual assaults; and all for your virtue signalling.

No one except you "progressives" were "hung up" about toilets. Toilets were the furthest thing from peoples minds before you lot started campaigning for unisex toilets to appease the tiny minority of gender confused people.

Toilets in many places are confined intimate places and if they're all made unisex("gender neutral") an increase in bad things will happen, i.e sexual assaults; and all for your virtue signalling.

I never imagined a sex offender would be put off by the sign on a toilet door.

I never imagined a sex offender would be put off by the sign on a toilet door.

It just makes it easier though doesn't it? a man with malintent lingering in and around a ladies toilets would look a bit suspicious whereas if the toilets were unisex he could easily hang around in wait.

It just makes it easier though doesn't it? a man with malintent lingering in and around a ladies toilets would look a bit suspicious whereas if the toilets were unisex he could easily hang around in wait.

Lingering in any public toilet in going to be suspicious.

I've used unisex toilets in France, they seem to work just fine.

Guest makapaka

There are always disabled toilets in place these days.

That’s if people don’t assume that this means that by using a disabled toilet they are being identified as disabled or something.