Van mows down pedestrians near London mosque

The smiley didn't give it the brevity I was hoping for clearly. Apology given so lets move on. I just felt you were being unnecessarily aggressive towards willman that was all, but it's often easy to misread emotion in text.

No,I moved on,so there's no problem with anything you wrote.

Oh dear, what terrible state we find ourselves in.

Previous people before me have already said, they feared a revenge attack could / would happen soon.

Here we have what seems a white male, cowardly driving into innocent people, targeting it seems the Muslim community. Does this man not realise the impact this could cause ? Whatever your 'beef' in life, you cannot go around murdering people, end of.

This happening so quick after Westminster Bridge, Manchester ,Borough Market Grenfell - and Brexit ! Theres a lot going on. I assume our 'Services' around the country are being stretched to the limit.

These 'Lone Wolf' attacks can unfortunately go undetected. All you need is a knife, a van and its off you go. What chance do we ever have of stopping them ?

Someone said during the election that 'difficult or embarrassing' conversations need to be had. Teresa May said 'enough is enough' just after the Borough Market murders. Well, maybe enough is enough. Lets have these conversations.

This latest attack could spark that debate hopefully. Because one things for sure, we cant carry on like this.

Lets just hope that the injured get better soon, and the murderer never see's freedom again.

Oh dear, what terrible state we find ourselves in.

Previous people before me have already said, they feared a revenge attack could / would happen soon.

Here we have what seems a white male, cowardly driving into innocent people, targeting it seems the Muslim community. Does this man not realise the impact this could cause ? Whatever your 'beef' in life, you cannot go around murdering people, end of.

This happening so quick after Westminster Bridge, Manchester ,Borough Market Grenfell - and Brexit ! Theres a lot going on. I assume our 'Services' around the country are being stretched to the limit.

These 'Lone Wolf' attacks can unfortunately go undetected. All you need is a knife, a van and its off you go. What chance do we ever have of stopping them ?

Someone said during the election that 'difficult or embarrassing' conversations need to be had. Teresa May said 'enough is enough' just after the Borough Market murders. Well, maybe enough is enough. Lets have these conversations.

This latest attack could spark that debate hopefully. Because one things for sure, we cant carry on like this.

Lets just hope that the injured get better soon, and the murderer never see's freedom again.

Let's have that conversation now.

Whilst I personally can not condone such a cowardly attack, I feel it was somewhat inevitable that something like this would happen sooner rather than later by means of some sort of revenge.

I am however slightly puzzled by what has been reported so far because the perpetrator doesn't appear to have any sort of connection to any form of far right organisation, nor has it been released that he is suffering from any form of mental illness. In fact the way that he is being portrayed suggests him to be a normal member of society who they claim to have become "frustrated" by the previous terrorist attacks in Manchester and London. No links or connections have been made so far and there is no mention of the attack being planned or premeditated in any way.

I would personally argue that anyone who is willing to carry out an attack such as this has to be considered as mentally unstable anyway.

I think the main concern now is to what happens next. In the wake of the attacks in London and Manchester, various propaganda has surfaced throughout social media platforms and whilst indirect as such, you can't help but feel that the motive of those who post stuff such as this have one real motive, which is to stir up further hatred and to divide populations.

As a moderate middle-aged bloke with Christian ancestors, should I be apologising for this? If I don't attend a march to condemn this attack am I tacitly accepting it and hiding these people within my community?

Just wondering...

How did they know he was acting alone with 8 hours; yet the police thought the other terrorist(London bridge driver) was acting with others, yet he turned out to be acting on his own.

As a moderate middle-aged bloke with Christian ancestors, should I be apologising for this? If I don't attend a march to condemn this attack am I tacitly accepting it and hiding these people within my community?

Just wondering...

ah dont worry it doesnt happen that way in the warped minds of the right wingers ;)

:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 19-06-2017 at 18:40 ----------

hes now been named

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40332616

when you google his name, some quite funny bits come up lol, i wont repeat em here, doesnt sound popular tho

Edited by melthebell

just read online that it's a white supremacist and edl member called tony cumeos. :suspect:

............ Wrong !!!!!!!

Guest sibon
............ Wrong !!!!!!!

How do you know?

What is the right answer?

How did they know he was acting alone with 8 hours; yet the police thought the other terrorist(London bridge driver) was acting with others, yet he turned out to be acting on his own.

Apparently he was trying to divide us.. that's the official narrative so please don't try and spoil it.

I feared that this could happen and we all need to be scared now.Because of this moron the IS extremists will have a tool to pull in more foot soldiers and on the other foot it may encourage more attackers to attack muslims.Are we starting to lose the battle or do we have to keep trying to get peace.I fear for the future and i can honestly say i am worried about it.Is civil unrest and the breakdown of law and order a real possibility in the future.Thoughts with all the victims of all the terrible tragedies that we have had recently.

---------- Post added 19-06-2017 at 19:32 ----------

How do you know?

What is the right answer?

This is the man in custody for the attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40332616