Will you change political allegiance?

If this thread shows anything, it's that we need PR.

5 votes temporarily leant to the tories from UKIP. Here in penistone and Stockbridge they have a chance of unseating the incumbent Labour MP Angela Smith. Brexit area, she voted against it. If Tory and UKIP combine they can beat her majority by 3000 if her last lot of voters actually turn out in this "safe" labour seat. Will see tomorrow, she will be no loss as she only turns up at local events consumes the free drinks and food then buggers off��

Where on earth did you get the idea that Angela Smith voted against Brexit? This is fake news at its worst.

Sheff has for the main been a red City, bur alas I just can not vote for Crobyn or Abbot and the like. So I'll be a minority and have gone Blue but I'd love to see Hallam turn yellow to red or even blue

I think like Miliband wasn't the right person last time, though Corbyn might have been, his shadow cabinet aren't popular. Although in a safe Labour seat I had one passenger today (old female labour voter) who said they wouldn't vote this time because of her. I've never met or spoken to anyone who likes her. Just a bad choice, I'm sure she's a nice woman personally, but politics wise, bad choice.

Who has seen McDonnell lately? Nothing. Really drab personality and doesn't even sound convincing or realistic - another bad choice. Emily :roll: Thornberry - her super power is rolling her eyes :roll:

What is he thinking?

-

Let's hope they win though, and I'll go to UNI for free in September :)

Check the voting she defied the 3 line whip. I actually emailed her at the HOC and got a pretty crap reply allegedly from her so it's not fake news in this instance.

Where on earth did you get the idea that Angela Smith voted against Brexit? This is fake news at its worst.

Indeed she did vote against Brexit, I wrote to her over it - and received a nice reply, but her boat had sunk for me by then.

Angel1.

Vote was on 6/12/16 and she voted against the motion.

would you like to retract that statement ? or are you guilty of passing on fake news ?

Great have a local MP that ignores the wishes of the MAJORITY of her constituents.

If the majority are like Penistone999 then yeah.

Edit: Labour hold. Outstanding.

Edited by Pinkman

Majority cut to 1322 from nearly 7000. Tory gain of vote +15.5 labour + 3.8. If there is another election then I will put money on the tories. This should be a ripe Labour area and the tories should never get a look In.

How can a steel area that fringes labour Barnsley have a result so close shows that there is something amiss with Labour policy, even diehard labour supporters have to acknowledge that.

Interesting times ahead, we will see how the next week pans out but the truth is labour at this time is still 54 behind the tories. Oh and enjoy your holidays as the exchange rate has dropped if you are going abroad.

If this thread shows anything, it's that we need PR.

Yup. Most definitely.

Well done to labour for taking Hallam. I rate Nick Clegg as one of the worst politicians this city has had. I do not agree with Labour policies and could never vote for them whilst they have Corbyn/Abbott/McDonnell in power but credit where credit is due. I assume it was the student vote that swung it but if you had offered me 30k to vote labour I must admit I would have given it serious consideration but then shied away because of Corbyn etc.

She's been a fairly vociferous remainer for a long time. Both before the referendum, and steadfastly since.

She was not afraid to publicly announce that she'd vote against Brexit in HoC votes post-referendum, including the Article 50 vote. See this, note the post date.

Principled woman, faithful to her beliefs, returned to her seat. I'm delighted for her.

Accessorily, you'll struggle to find a local MP more dedicated to improving infrastructural links between this side of the Pennines and the other.