Ched Evans back for the Blades?

I do wonder if Evans was always going to come back to us.

When he came to train with us on his release (whilst causing a negative response), I wonder if we already signed him but loaned him out to Chesterfield for a season? They sent him to Chesterfield to get him fit, Chesterfield had a decent player for a season - win/win situation... just a thought.

Look united have had a fantastic season played good football and have won the

League in style,Chris wilder and staff have been excellent,fans even more

What us blades have got to realise ,we are going to the championship a totally

Different style and class of football ,sad to say but we need better class of player

The likes of ched evens Clarke Hanson will be no good to us at this level we need more experienced players so need to spend money to stay there also require a second choice goalkeeper as long is no good whatsoever at the end of the day

Let's see what our board give chris to strengthen our squad did our prince say get out off league one and funds would be available let's see ,and for now enjoy our

Promotion

Edited by jacklev1
Missed word

Look united have had a fantastic season played good football and have won the

League in style,Chris wilder and staff have been excellent,fans even more

What us blades have got to realise ,we are going to the championship a totally

Different style and class of football ,sad to say but we need better class of player

The likes of ched evens Clarke Hanson will be no good to us at this level we need more experienced players so need to spend money to stay there also require a second choice goalkeeper as long is no good whatsoever at the end of the day

Let's see what our board give chris to strengthen our squad did our prince say get out off league one and funds would be available let's see ,and enjoy our

Promotion

Agreed! I think CW will get backing either way. I also think we'll attract top talent due to a number of reasons - one being one of the leagues top clubs.

Don't really understand people saying he's done nothing at Chesterfield. He's just returned from years away from football and scored 7 goals in 22 starts which is the equivalent of a goal every three games which would equate to 15 goals of he started every game, I don't think that's too bad to say he hasn't been fit and he's played for a team who have been relagated. Having said that you could look at James Vaughan at Bury who's scored 24 goals in 36 games for a poor side, he wouldn't cost much more that £509k they're the same age and he comes without the baggage.

Either way it's never boring supporting United.

Wider's not made a bad decision yet has he?

If Wilder wants him, then we can assume that he's good enough (or will be 'guided' to be good enough)

He's proved he can bang 'em in. The goal's the same size in every League.

Whether he can handle Championship defenders is another matter, but (if the story's true) Wilder must have faith in him.

Wider's not made a bad decision yet has he?

If Wilder wants him, then we can assume that he's good enough (or will be 'guided' to be good enough)

He's proved he can bang 'em in. The goal's the same size in every League.

Whether he can handle Championship defenders is another matter, but (if the story's true) Wilder must have faith in him.

Unless an agreement was reached with Chesterfield before Wilder came on the scene!!! He seems a capable manager so if anybody can get him back to playing to any sort of level I'm sure he can.

When he came to train with us on his release (whilst causing a negative response), I wonder if we already signed him but loaned him out to Chesterfield for a season? They sent him to Chesterfield to get him fit, Chesterfield had a decent player for a season - win/win situation... just a thought.

NAIL ON THE HEAD WOSITS!

I don't think Wider has had any say in this what so ever!

I think you're pretty close to the mark with this. Wilder is pretty shrewd and I don't see him instigating this move - more like having to live with something that was arranged before his arrival.

I'm not saying that Ched isn't good enough - if anyone can get him back to his full potential Wilder can - but he arrives with some unwanted baggage.

NAIL ON THE HEAD WOSITS!

I don't think Wider has had any say in this what so ever!

I think Wilder would have the last say on it, he doesn't seem the type not to say or do anything, that saying it could have been contractually with Wilder's blessing. I don't believe we've paid £500k (if that's what we're led to believe)... we'll probably have got him for a steal, paid chesterfield a few quid and they'll have looked after him for a season...

This is just my theory though.

---------- Post added 25-04-2017 at 17:58 ----------

I think you're pretty close to the mark with this. Wilder is pretty shrewd and I don't see him instigating this move - more like having to live with something that was arranged before his arrival.

I'm not saying that Ched isn't good enough - if anyone can get him back to his full potential Wilder can - but he arrives with some unwanted baggage.

Yes agreed, but can you imagine, with all that Cheds gone through (not excusing his stupid behaviour) probably thinking his careers over in terms of playing at a certain level of football. We then come back for him, under a manager that turn's things into gold... imagine how motivated, and psyched up he'll be.

He'll be on a mission and want to prove to the world he's capable. I bet he was in tears when/if he signed for us.

Wilder buys people who've got a point to prove... it gives them the edge.

Just my theory and could be totally off the mark.

I'm starting to think this might have been a master stroke. Time will tell I guess.

Edited by WOSITS NAME

Why is there no information on the official united web site,

So this may not be happening?

Why is there no information on the official united web site,

So this may not be happening?

It will happen its just not been confirmed.

Top striker for Chesterfield this year, no wonder they've done so well. Justifies his pay rise.