Ched Evans back for the Blades?

I wouldn't say that. A fit Evans would probably be our best forward.

United don't need to make a statement, they are preparing for the last game and that's it

They don't have too you're right but I am almost certain that they would've done. They will be fully aware of what has been said in the press and if there was no truth to it I am sure they would have issued a statement almost straight away.

I am 99% sure he'll be a Blade next season. Personally I am 50/50 on it, if he scores goals all this will be quickly forgotten. So lets hope he bangs them in.

But you said it would be a backwards step. If you sign a player who when fit is better than the other you have, it is not a backward step.

If the Owls signed Rooney, would the talk be about him sleeping with prostitutes and swearing at fans etc, or would it be about how good of a signing it is?

He has done well at championship level before though, with Norwich. With a very good start to go ratio.

Also, he has experience at that level, which the other forwards (apart from billy) have little

You're working on a lot of ifs and buts.

The fans will barely be divisive, they would accept Wilders decision.

As for it being Wilders decision, I find it hard to believe he would accept a signing that he didn't want.

But you're right, he does have a lot to prove, unless he gets the chance he will never be able to do it.

I haven't mentioned the court case once in my posts, I said it was a backward step in terms of uniteds recent history when currently everything is positive.

If he arrives at the club it wont have been Wilders decision, fans are already divided on the news.

He had one good season at Norwich many, many years ago, the Championship is a tougher proposition than it was then and Evans will take some time to get up to anywhere near where he was before.

For the record I wouldn't want Rooney anywhere near Hillsborough.

The baggage has started to become more apparent.

The Guardian is carrying a less than flattering article about United today, written by a Blade no less. Link here.

Really, United should be getting tons of positive press at the moment. This could be the second time that Ched is responsible for destroying the Blades' momentum.

I don't think it really matters what kind of press we get, we're champions, we're on the up and whether Ched comes or not won't make one bit of difference to our perfect record breaking momentum. Wilders doesn't buy players who moan and winge like some adults do.

UTB :)

I don't think it really matters what kind of press we get, we're champions, we're on the up and whether Ched comes or not won't make one bit of difference to our perfect record breaking momentum. Wilders doesn't buy players who moan and winge like some adults do.

Wilder hasn't bought this one.

Guest sibon

You are Champions. You are on the up.

So that makes this purchase all the stranger really. I know a fair few United fans, ones that actually attend games and stuff. They aren't too happy with this. You can see from some of the posts on here that a lot of the real United supporters have reservations too.

Anyway, I've said my bit on this topic, so I'm off. Let's hope that signing Ched brings United plenty of goals and doesn't affect team spirit, or present them with difficulties in attracting sponsors or other players.

Wilder hasn't bought this one.

I've been advised not to reply to you Mr Tops but I will on this occasion.

How do you know?

The Guardian is carrying a less than flattering article about United today, written by a Blade no less. Link here.

Really, United should be getting tons of positive press at the moment. This could be the second time that Ched is responsible for destroying the Blades' momentum.

That article is a crock of cliched ****,just somebody looking for his 2 minutes of fame to say he's had an article published in the Guardian,it's a wonder that some Sheffield Labour MP and Ennis-Hill haven't come forward to tut tut and wag their fingers at SUFC while spouting some PC nonsense.

Not sure what the last sentence in that piece means. Two fingers up to Jess Ennis and Co?

I haven't mentioned the court case once in my posts, I said it was a backward step in terms of uniteds recent history when currently everything is positive.

If he arrives at the club it wont have been Wilders decision, fans are already divided on the news.

He had one good season at Norwich many, many years ago, the Championship is a tougher proposition than it was then and Evans will take some time to get up to anywhere near where he was before.

I just need to know then, why do you think it is a backwards step to sign a player who could improve our front line?

Fans aren't as divided as you think, if you look around most are saying they trust Wilder..... Who will have been consulted on any signing. You're simply making stuff up to suit your own argument in saying that it won't be Wilder's decision.

As for the Championship being tougher, it is as strong as it has ever been. Just because more money is now involved, doesn't make it stronger. But if you wish to talk about why it isn't stronger still, then I'm happy to discuss that on another thread.

I've been advised not to reply to you Mr Tops but I will on this occasion.

How do you know?

If rumours are correct the deal was done before Wilder was manager, only a rumour but he doesn't appear to be a player that Wilder would want or need, should have been consigned to history and forgotten about, Wilder has moved the club on considerably from Evan's days.

You are Champions. You are on the up.

So that makes this purchase all the stranger really. I know a fair few United fans, ones that actually attend games and stuff. They aren't too happy with this. You can see from some of the posts on here that a lot of the real United supporters have reservations too.

Anyway, I've said my bit on this topic, so I'm off. Let's hope that signing Ched brings United plenty of goals and doesn't affect team spirit, or present them with difficulties in attracting sponsors or other players.

I've been advised by one of your own not to reply to you but I will on this occasion.

It won't our players don't have personalities like FF.

---------- Post added 26-04-2017 at 11:04 ----------

If rumours are correct the deal was done before Wilder was manager, only a rumour but he doesn't appear to be a player that Wilder would want or need, should have been consigned to history and forgotten about, Wilder has moved the club on considerably from Evan's days.

So your basing your argument on a rumour?

I thought you were a "facts" sort of guy? Appears not on this occasion.

I've been advised by one of your own not to reply to you but I will on this occasion.

It won't our players don't have personalities like FF.

---------- Post added 26-04-2017 at 11:04 ----------

So your basing your argument on a rumour?

I thought you were a "facts" sort of guy? Appears not on this occasion.

Its not an argument, its an observation based on what is currently known and has been backed up by a Chesterfield season ticket holder of 30yrs standing.

As for your not replying to certain Owls fans on here theres only one person that gets someone banned and thats themselves, maybe do less trolling and it won't happen.