What's May up to? General election 08/06/2017

I can see plenty of chances for political opportunists who are looking to boost their own profiles here.............where's Nigel?

Edited by chalga

Now, I just wonder how many traditional Labour Brexit voters will switch sides to the Conservatives in this election just to guarantee Brexit goes forward As far as I can tell comparing the last election map to the referendum map a lot of the areas that mainly voted for Brexit were markedly Labour areas.

This is about the future of the UK and as I see it the votes should be given to younger people

So

1) Voting age lowered to 12

2) Max voting age 45 to stop old people from ruining the country

3) Nigel Farage to be banned from all debates

And we need to elect someone who is pro environment and pro freedom of speech

This is about the future of the UK and as I see it the votes should be given to younger people

So

1) Voting age lowered to 12

2) Max voting age 45 to stop old people from ruining the country

3) Nigel Farage to be banned from all debates

And we need to elect someone who is pro environment and pro freedom of speech

You are getting tedious and obvious now. Although completely agree with the idea :D

I also call this a sneeky move, the election has been called in the middle of exam time

So in one fell swoop students won't be able to get to vote

Whatever.....

I actually quite like Mrs May. I see her as an unshowy, steady, safe pair of hands where Brexit is concerned. And I admit I like the fact that she is female and seemingly without an enormous 'male' ego as I've mentioned before, but I suspect she has a backbone of steel.

But the reason Labour are so far behind in the polls is thanks to the Establishment and the Establishment-heavy media's dislike of Jeremy Corbyn. They fear his message will chime with a lot of the electorate/ ordinary people and so have gone to great lengths to ensure it doesn't get out and made sure it is misrepresented. To such an extent that Mr Corbyn has had to resort to hauling himself around the country to talk directly to the people to try and get his message across.

That is simply unfair and denies Labour a level playing field. That is not what the Establishment/media is meant to do. They are supposed to report the news not unduly influence it. I'm hoping that they will not be able to get away with it during a sensitive election. Those that see and hear what Mr Corbyn has to say like what they hear and what he represents.

All I want is for Jeremy to get a fair crack of the whip on a head to head basis. I want a fair election. I want to chose the best candidate. Not have that decision made for me by Establishment manipulation and dirty tricks.

The reason that Labour is so far behind in the polls is that they chose a leader who isn't fit for purpose.

Jeremy Corbyn was 65 years of age when he was elected 'leader'. A career politician that no one, other than his own constituents had ever heard of.

A politician who's main claim to fame was that he had voted against his own party 585 times.

In other words a fully paid up member of the awkward squad with no concern for showing loyalty to his party. This was the person chosen to bring the party together and unite them in a common purpose!

Jeremy Corbyn couldn't lead a conga line, and that is why Labour have no chance of governing for the forseeable future.

Having said which, don't despair Anna, I didn't think the electorate would be daft enough to leave the most successful trade bloc in the world with no plan and no idea. I also didn't think Americans would be crazy enough to elect a misogynist, racist, xenophobic loud mouth, so if Jeremy is on the TV on 9 June entering number 10 it won't come as a shock given my predictions to date! :)

I also call this a sneeky move, the election has been called in the middle of exam time

So in one fell swoop students won't be able to get to vote

how long do you think exams last? :loopy::huh::suspect::help:

That infomation is always out there Anna. Too many voters cant be bothered to look for it.

That might be true, but when they are bombarded with negative 2" high headlines and biased edited reports of what he's supposed to have said rather than what he actually said, and dubious Blairite talking heads with an axe to grind, why would they think they need to bother?

They believe everything they read and hear and their minds are already made up for them. 'They that control the Media control the mind's of the masses.' Malcolm X

---------- Post added 18-04-2017 at 14:51 ----------

The reason that Labour is so far behind in the polls is that they chose a leader who isn't fit for purpose.

Jeremy Corbyn was 65 years of age when he was elected 'leader'. A career politician that no one, other than his own constituents had ever heard of.

A politician who's main claim to fame was that he had voted against his own party 585 times.

In other words a fully paid up member of the awkward squad with no concern for showing loyalty to his party. This was the person chosen to bring the party together and unite them in a common purpose!

Jeremy Corbyn couldn't lead a conga line, and that is why Labour have no chance of governing for the forseeable future.

Having said which, don't despair Anna, I didn't think the electorate would be daft enough to leave the most successful trade bloc in the world with no plan and no idea. I also didn't think Americans would be crazy enough to elect a misogynist, racist, xenophobic loud mouth, so if Jeremy is on the TV on 9 June entering number 10 it won't come as a shock given my predictions to date! :)

Jeremy Corbyn was elected by the biggest majority ever, and has seen the Labour party membership grow to be the biggest in Europe. I'll wager that those flooding to join the Labour party are, like myself, the ones who have heard/seen him live at meetings. Not, I hasten to add, the so-called 'Momentum' who I had never heard of until being used by the press.

Edited by Anna B

Now, I just wonder how many traditional Labour Brexit voters will switch sides to the Conservatives in this election just to guarantee Brexit goes forward As far as I can tell comparing the last election map to the referendum map a lot of the areas that mainly voted for Brexit were markedly Labour areas.

Dedicated Labour areas will stay Labour, just look at Barnsley.

Their Labour MP was sent to prison for fiddling expenses and embezzling public money, Barnsley voters went to the polls and elected the next pig in a red rosette.

Can you see areas like that voting Tory??

Their Labour MP was sent to prison for fiddling expenses and embezzling public money, Barnsley voters went to the polls and elected the next pig in a red rosette.

The exact same can be said about Tory areas too. Both sides have entrenched voters that would never change.

And also, why wouldn't they vote Labour again? Surely the MP who was committing fraud has been dealt with unless you are trying to accuse all Labour of fraud based on one MP? If so, let me remind you of Jeffrey Archer...

To be honest I can visualise many areas switching voting to Tory just to keep the Brexit momentum going. Don't forget that it was a Tory government who also gave the people the chance to vote in a referendum and that Labour are pro EU and not doing well. Not forgetting also how leave voters reacted in their regions toward MP's that were not happy with the leave result who said they would challenge it.

Edited by apelike