What's May up to? General election 08/06/2017

Guest sibon
They need to get their sales pitch right but, in theory, every remain voter should vote for them shouldn't they?

I'm pretty sure that is where my vote will have to go. It will be the first General Election that I've not voted Labour. I first voted in 1983.

Mmmm, I wonder what this election will be seen to be about? Is it going to be a vindication of Mrs May, a mandate, or a rerun of Brexit?

Is she wanting to carry on, or wanting to bail out?

Good decision, Theresa May & Conservatives will win easily and shut up all doubters. Will be end for the unfortunate Jeremy Corbyn & Labour.

Let Theresa get on with job of sorting Brexit out, I don't envy her task

I doubt it'll shut people up that easily unless you are thinking of an Enabling Act....

---------- Post added 18-04-2017 at 11:33 ----------

No bribes necessary, even Corbyn can't bottle this one:)

My crystal ball predicts a very interesting few weeks and a resurgence of the Lib Dems.

If he's smart he can. He should make her force a no confidence motion in her own govt and then clean up at the polls. But limp dishrag that he is that's not going to happen.

Mmmm, I wonder what this election will be seen to be about? Is it going to be a vindication of Mrs May, a mandate, or a rerun of Brexit?

One of the parties may promise a third EU in or out referendum?

The theory is that she wants a huge majority, a clear mandate and the death of the Labour Party. She'll likely get it too. Unless, as sibon rightly points out, the lib dems can upset the Apple cart. If I was Tim farron I'd be answering every question between now and June with "a vote for the lib dems is a vote to remain". No policies or costings to trip over, just that. It won't work everywhere but he could well Hoover up more seats than corbyn.

Just watching May, she likes to pile on the make-up.

Corbyn to Resign 9th June?

Bookies won't even take your money. ;)

Corbyn re-elected one month after that?

The theory is that she wants a huge majority, a clear mandate and the death of the Labour Party. She'll likely get it too. Unless, as sibon rightly points out, the lib dems can upset the Apple cart. If I was Tim farron I'd be answering every question between now and June with "a vote for the lib dems is a vote to remain". No policies or costings to trip over, just that. It won't work everywhere but he could well Hoover up more seats than corbyn.

since the majority DID vote for brexit can you see many going back and voting for a none brexit party?

If they still really want a hard brexit i cant see anything other than a tory win, and thats what she wants, more power

since the majority DID vote for brexit can you see many going back and voting for a none brexit party?

If they still really want a hard brexit i cant see anything other than a tory win, and thats what she wants, more power

Has that effects of leaving the EU become clearer?

It sounds like behind the scenes everything is in disarray....

Just watching May, she likes to pile on the make-up.

Lipstick and eyeshadow could transform Corbyn into being more electable.

It sounds like behind the scenes everything is in disarray....

Yes, and if the media did its job instead of fawning over May and the Tories they (all the tensions/arguments in the Govt) would be exposed.