What's May up to? General election 08/06/2017

Just watching May, she likes to pile on the make-up.

If that's meant as serious criticism you want to see the make up that men need to look acceptable on TV cameras as well....

Has that effects of leaving the EU become clearer?

nope, but most brexiters i know are still hardcore in favour so i dont see a change in government

Wonder how big the bribe to Labour is going to be to support the vote of no confidence...

If it is a vote of no confidence, then they don't need Labour's support: that can go with a simple majority.

They need 2/3 of the house to simply call an election.

The Tories started brexit so they are the ones that need to complete it.

I have never voted Tory in my life but I will be voting Tory for this reason....

The Tories started brexit so they are the ones that need to complete it.

I have never voted Tory in my life but I will be voting Tory for this reason....

Dont make your mind up yet, wait until you know what their policies are.

If it is a vote of no confidence, then they don't need Labour's support: that can go with a simple majority.

They need 2/3 of the house to simply call an election.

Exactly. Corbyn with any sense should refuse to cooperate and make them now say they have no confidence in themselves. Which would be embarrassing to say the least and can only help him.

One thing about Theresa May: I don't think she's motivated by ego. Enough power to get things done and be decisive, yes, but a power trip, no.

I see Jeremy Corbyn in much the same light. Pity they can't team up as an efffective coalition. Frankly, I think we are in such uncertain times, co operation rather than confrontation might be a good idea.

LibDem will gain a lot of ground so excellent news from that perspective- SNP and Labour will hurt from this I think, but time will tell.

LibDem will gain a lot of ground so excellent news from that perspective- SNP and Labour will hurt from this I think, but time will tell.

I hope the SNP take a severe dent, perhaps halved.

I hope the SNP take a severe dent, perhaps halved.

I doubt it, in fact they might even get a clean sweep. Is that a mandate for independence, let alone another referendum?

While it will add extra instability, I do think it's the right thing to do, even if I strongly and sadly expect Labour to come third behind the Lib Dems. In fact, I'd not be surprised to see the Tories lose some seats to the LDs perhaps even forcing a coalition and history can repeat itself all over again. Perhaps the LDs would actually side with Labour this time over their bizarre 'morales'?

No matter the outcome, it's the right decision by May and about the only thing she's done so far that I support her in.

---------- Post added 18-04-2017 at 12:05 ----------

One thing about Theresa May: I don't think she's motivated by ego. Enough power to get things done and be decisive, yes, but a power trip, no.

I see Jeremy Corbyn in much the same light. Pity they can't team up as an efffective coalition. Frankly, I think we are in such uncertain times, co operation rather than confrontation might be a good idea.

In a strange way I half agree with you here. However, my absolute ideal would be that the Tories don't get a majority, the LD and Labour could get over the line as a coalition and do just that...I can dream right?

Did she also announce the fact that Harry Redknapp was to become Birminghams new manager?