Parking on someone's driveway

..... bounce it out of his drive and onto the road?

Doing this is apparently illegal, according to the last line of the article that states "Under no circumstances would we advocate you merely pushing the vehicle onto a road and leaving it there, as you may commit a number of offences."

Moving the car and leaving it somewhere (perhaps parked on double yellow lines) sounds like a good idea, although I am not sure about the legal implications of doing this.

Touching another person's car can lead to confrontation.

I parked near to a bloke's car near the Mercurial Hotel. He thought I'd touched his car and wanted to fight me over it. No matter how much I reassured him I hadn't , he was adamant.

I ended up apologising for something I hadn't done, just to get him to calm down.

I'm all for what Cyclone suggests. But it can lead to something nasty.

Many years ago I was designated driver of a minibus taking 10 of my colleagues on a drinking spree in Portsmouth.

When we returned to the bus some fool had completely blocked in the legally parked vehicle.

My colleagues, all Royal engineer bridge builders ( in drink and wanting kebabs) bounced and dragged the car sideways in to a bin storage area and closed the gates so it was out of sight.

I always wonder what the owners reaction was when they returned to their car.

Believe it or not a footpath is part of the highway and that car seems to be parked over the footpath, it does to me anyway.

It looks that way to me also.

There are also double yellow lines in front of the 'driveway' The double yellow lines appear to be very close to the back of the car. I didn't think the highways authority painted yellow lines in front of approved driveways.

Just read nikki's post. The picture does not relate to the story. Seems a daft stock picture to choose.

Edited by Lockdoctor
added

It looks that way to me also.

There are also double yellow lines in front of the 'driveway' The double yellow lines appear to be very close to the back of the car. I didn't think the highways authority painted yellow lines in front of approved drive ways.

As I said earlier. The car & driveway in the photo IS NOT the car & driveway in the story.

The article states 'Stock image used above.'

It's double trouble if someone parks across your driveway when your own car is still in your garage !!! :gag:

the_madarin,

From reading this thread it appears that legally there isn't very much that you can do.

I guess the culprit knows who you are and is prepared to ignore your needs. It's a form of bullying. I suppose persuasion would have very little impact on the culprit.

I do hope you find a solution soon.

In a week he couldn't get a group of people together and bounce it out of his drive and onto the road?

Strictly speaking that counts as "Taking without consent".

I've been told that if you can see a vehicle and block it in, then that is legally causing an obstruction, which is illegal, but if you can't, then it is simply trespass.

the_madarin,

From reading this thread it appears that legally there isn't very much that you can do.

I guess the culprit knows who you are and is prepared to ignore your needs. It's a form of bullying. I suppose persuasion would have very little impact on the culprit.

I do hope you find a solution soon.

You need to read up on the law about invoulanry bailments.

Write a letter to the bailee telling them whats going on, tell them you will remove and dispose of the vehicle after 28 days, and invite them to come and reclaim it.

After 28 days you can have it removed and disposed of and stick them with the costs (set against an monies made from sale)

Obelix,

That's the best advice in the thread. I do hope it will get some results.

I have got two sets of these and three trolley jacks.I have only had to use them once but they do the job.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hilka-82350020-400-Wheel-Dolly/dp/B003SNBTK6/ref=sr_1_10/257-3522191-9099341?ie=UTF8&qid=1492281093&sr=8-10&keywords=wheel+dollyI then moved it onto double yellows and they got a parking ticket.

Edited by area 51

You need to read up on the law about invoulanry bailments.

Write a letter to the bailee telling them whats going on, tell them you will remove and dispose of the vehicle after 28 days, and invite them to come and reclaim it.

After 28 days you can have it removed and disposed of and stick them with the costs (set against an monies made from sale)

Try that on the boss to explain why you were 28 days late for work. :D