Will France be the next nation to leave the EU?

If Le Pen wins (still a big if) I don't think she will rush to leave the EU. What she has said is that she will definitely seek to leave the Euro; and I do know that in Italy there is growing pressure to leave it too.

It seems that it is the ones who want to leave who are desperate to destroy this country.

The headlong dash to destroy the status quo, seems unfathomable.

What is the desperate rush for, when no plans (apparently) are in place or agreements made?

I will give you a clue,

The only plan is to sell out to Trump, and the rush is get the sale over before he destroys himself, and the union of states he is currently trying to dismantle.

I haven't seen a headlong dash or a desperate rush to leave.

The referendum was last June and Theresa May hasn't triggered article 50 yet, in fact not til before the end of March. Now that may be rushing things by EU standards, I know they usually need three meetings to decide what they're having for dinner.

You really think the Greeks will stay in if they're required to remain in the €?

Kind of masochistic no?

They had a referendum on it, during the height of their distress and voted to stay. What makes you think this has changed now that they are actually hitting positive growth again?

They had a referendum on it, during the height of their distress and voted to stay. What makes you think this has changed now that they are actually hitting positive growth again?

I didn't think that was the subject of the referendum.

I said pretty much the reverse of this in post #2, but you carry on.
And so? Did you miss the 'some' in my post? Do I have to vet all my posts with you first? :roll: Edited by L00b

And so? Did someone appoint you King of Brexiters, or Chief Brexit spokesman, and I missed the memo? Do I have to vet all my posts with you first?

:roll:

No. Where did you get that idea?

I'm of the hardline Brexiters, and I don't think Le Pen is likely or good for France (or anybody in fact). So your generalisation was incorrect.

No. Where did you get that idea?

I'm of the hardline Brexiters, and I don't think Le Pen is likely or good for France (or anybody in fact). So your generalisation was incorrect.

I'll ask again, as you quoted whilst I was editing: did you miss 'some' in my post?

My 'generalisation' was anything but. But then, no surprise at your misrepresentation.

Tell you what: have the place to yourself, mate. Literally and figuratively.

I'll ask again, as you quoted whilst I was editing: did you miss 'some' in my post?

Is it a case of "semantics" striking again?

Tell you what: have the place to yourself, mate. Literally and figuratively.

Okay ta.

Maybe I misunderstood but since you jumped in here using the platform of a discussion about Frexit to launch another unprovoked attack on the Brexiters I shan't feel too bad about it.

Maybe you can find somebody who voted leave in the street to yell at or something. You'll be able to spot them on account of the smiling.

Edited by unbeliever

The only way Le Pen is going to win is if she gets 50%+ in the first round which is pretty unlikely. If Daesh carried out a big attack just before the election that might do it, and I suspect they have worked that out and will try something big.

I haven't seen a headlong dash or a desperate rush to leave.

The referendum was last June and Theresa May hasn't triggered article 50 yet, in fact not til before the end of March. Now that may be rushing things by EU standards, I know they usually need three meetings to decide what they're having for dinner.[/QUOTE]

And therein lies the problem; it's a huge, slow, lumbering, bureaucratic logjam that simply cannot keep pace with today's fast moving world.