Go ahead given to £37m South Yorkshire holiday park

iansheff

It will not affect you regardless as your from walkley !

A Chinese theme park sounds great though and only up the road from me !!

:loopy:

a) It isn't going to be a Chinese theme park

b) Just because I live in Walkley doesn't mean I don't visit Rother Valley.

Plank.

---------- Post added 16-02-2017 at 18:35 ----------

What an awful viewpoint.

Exactly, also a bit bizarre given his avatar for some southern football team, why should he care anything about them seeing as he lives up here?

Is there a market for this sort of thing? Whilst it's not exactly prime city centre land prices, its proximity to the m1 and a57 must push prices up a bit. Not that long ago since American Adventure hit the buffers. Maybe they're thinking thrill seekers won't want to risk their lives at Alton towers?

Wont risk there lives at alton towers what are you implying alton towers have had one accident and all hell breaks loose it was human error not mechanical error

Wont risk there lives at alton towers what are you implying alton towers have had one accident and all hell breaks loose it was human error not mechanical error

Wasn't there another albeit minor hiccup a few months back? Whilst it probably far safer on the rides than the drive up there I'd wager they've seen a drop in visitor numbers whether it was human or mechanical error.

Guest busdriver1

Alton towers. One of HSE's most visited places.

Not familiar with this area even though I've visited Rother Valley. Is it anywhere near to where the new proposed route for HS2 will run?

Nope.

It is the section of waste land between the A57 ring road and Wales Bar, it runs parallel all the way long the A57 to the are where the Elmwood is built(as a rough guide).

The problem with the land in general is the limited access to it, i live locally and its a nightmare to get to without having walked 3 miles in the first instance.

It is used for something. Its a very popular walking and birdwatching area. There are yellowhammers, skylarks and the occasional over-wintering bittern. I think there are better locations with unloved and unused areas locally that could be used.

Having said that, the response I received from the developers 18 months ago was positive in terms of habitat retention and providing bat boxes etc so I'm a lot less concerned than I was about the ridiculous Chinese theme park that was mooted.

I just think it's sad that people see an area of land, reclaimed by nature, as a useless wasteland without merit unless something is built on it.

That's not a fair reflection of my point or my views. This land would have been built on by something in the near future. I am pleased it will be something that should fit in and compliment the area rather than be factories or a housing estate.