Booking fees at the City Hall

I don't know if a 12.5% booking fee per ticket is normal, but that's what I had to pay on 3 tickets for Jools Holland when booking online. It meant having to pay £45 per ticket which were priced at £40 each. This seems extortionate to me and I don't know how they can justify it.

Think if you pay in person and in cash is the only way to get round this? Yes agree it's a rip-off. I would rather tickets be more expensive in first place as it's not so sneaky then!

Should have gone in, no booking fee then.

Booking fees should be banned. Sheffield theatres have no booking fee and post tickets to you so it can be done.

What gets me is that the booking fees are per ticket. Surely if its one transaction then there should only be one booking fee?

When we booked tickets to see The Who, £65 tickets ending up costing £73.60 each. Disgusting.

Booking fees should be banned. .

Would be a pointless endeavour, if that happened then a ticket that did cost £40 + £5 fee will mysteriously start costing cost £45....

City Hall at least are providing an option that carries no extra fee on top of the ticket, I wager not all venues do this.

They do charge a booking fee if you go and pay cash in advance but it's only 5%. This isn't an option with Jools Holland tickets because they sell out in no time.

I went in woth my gift vouchers and still had a £2 odd fee.

I saw tickets at £40 for one event the other day which had a £10 fee :o

We have created and become victims of the 'middle man' economy. It's prevalent all over. So many of us get sucked into thinking we are getting the best deal.

In the hospitality industry hotels have to pay huge commissions to the likes of Expedia, last minute etc. The best method is to look at the rates on these sites, telephone the hotel and state what rate can they offer. If you get through to a decision maker then you'll more than likely get a better price.

Think if you pay in person and in cash is the only way to get round this? Yes agree it's a rip-off. I would rather tickets be more expensive in first place as it's not so sneaky then!

They (and the arena) do charge a booking fee now for cash transactions. I queried it, and the poor lass behind the counter could offer no reason why, other than covering costs. :mad: