Should the judge be lenient to the woman who assaulted Jeremy Vine?

She has just received a 9 month prison sentence on appeal.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Good - her behaviour was appalling.

To be honest, that incident is pretty mild compared to what many cyclists experience on a regular basis from some car/van drivers.

One good thing about the high profile of this case is that a lot of otherwise unknowing people have been educated about where cyclists are supposed to ride on the road.

But still sad that so many drivers need educating :( at the end of the day, it's a thin bit of road between 2 solid lines of parked cars, and, it should be totally obvious that the only safe course for the cyclist is down the middle of the road in central position, not just to prevent impatient drivers trying to 'squeeze by', but also due to the threat of doors being opened by the parked cars.

What kind of world are we living in, that drivers who've passed their test, can't understand why a cyclist is in the middle of the road in that scenario, and, feel the need to get on their horn.

The irony is that they scapegoat the cyclist, when the real reason they can't pass is the 2 solid lines of parked cars making the road single lane :loopy:

She has just received a 9 month prison sentence on appeal.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Having said all the above, I think that's a harsh sentence, especially if she's got a child to look after.

I'd have been far more inclined to leave her free, but with a 2 year ban on driving, and some compulsory cycle training. Many being forced to do, say, 50 hours on the roads on a bike, will educate her as to how to behave when she gets back behind a wheel.

I'd have been far more inclined to leave her free, but with a 2 year ban on driving, and some compulsory cycle training. Many being forced to do, say, 50 hours on the roads on a bike, will educate her as to how to behave when she gets back behind a wheel.

Wasn't she already subject to a suspended sentence?

Journalism at its finest - "[shanique Syrena] Pearson, wearing a faux fur leather jacket and died hair, spoke to confirm her name, age, address and pleaded not guilty to all the charges."

The lawyer of a woman who verbally assaulted the journalist and DJ Jeremy Vine, has pleaded to the judge to be lenient in his sentencing as she has been 'punished enough' already on Twitter. (Oh boo hoo) :rolleyes:

Read more about the background story here (including footage of the altercation)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3917242/Woman-driver-22-launched-foul-mouthed-road-rage-rant-BBC-presenter-Jeremy-Vine-cycled-home-denies-string-motoring-offences.html

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/driver-convicted-of-road-rage-offences-after-screaming-at-bbcs-jeremy-vine/ar-AAmu7iC?li=BBoPOOl

Personally I couldn't care less if people have had a go at her via twitter. Irrespective, the judge should ignore that and be harsh. I thought her behaviour was disgusting.

Who credits the Daily Mail ?

Wasn't she already subject to a suspended sentence?

Oh yes,she was a model citizen,robbery and theft amongst some of her many crimes.

To be honest, that incident is pretty mild compared to what many cyclists experience on a regular basis from some car/van drivers.

But still sad that so many drivers need educating :( at the end of the day, it's a thin bit of road between 2 solid lines of parked cars, and, it should be totally obvious that the only safe course for the cyclist is down the middle of the road in central position, not just to prevent impatient drivers trying to 'squeeze by', but also due to the threat of doors being opened by the parked cars.

What kind of world are we living in, that drivers who've passed their test, can't understand why a cyclist is in the middle of the road in that scenario, and, feel the need to get on their horn.

The irony is that they scapegoat the cyclist, when the real reason they can't pass is the 2 solid lines of parked cars making the road single lane :loopy:

Having said all the above, I think that's a harsh sentence, especially if she's got a child to look after.

Maybe the 9 months behind bars will make her think about her behaviour behind the wheel!

Maybe the 9 months behind bars will make her think about her behaviour behind the wheel!

I hope it does. Still can't help feeling that 50 compulsory hours on the road on a bicycle would give her a really good perspective of what it's like to be harassed by impatient drivers who don't understand the highway code, and pip their horn at cyclists riding in an entirely appropriate fashion.

I hope it does. Still can't help feeling that 50 compulsory hours on the road on a bicycle would give her a really good perspective of what it's like to be harassed by impatient drivers who don't understand the highway code, and pip their horn at cyclists riding in an entirely appropriate fashion.

I see what you mean. I gave up my cycle a few years ago as I thought it was too bloody dangerous on the roads.

Unfortunately due to a knee op I can no longer run so will have to take to cycling again.

I am not looking forward to it.

No , there`s far too many cyclists on the roads as it is ,without forcing others onto pushbikes.

No , there`s far too many cyclists on the roads as it is ,without forcing others onto pushbikes.

You only think that because your driving ability is so shocking you can't cope with them. Plus a person's reaction speed is in line with their ability to process information and use it to make quick decisions, so you're at a massive disadvantage there.

As I've previously pointed out, any delay in that video, was caused, not by the cyclist, but by the two solid lines of parked cars either side of the road, that reduced the road to a single lane.

There are not too many cyclists on the roads, there are too many cars.

Are you blind? Open your eyes- observe how many Sheffield roads are reduced to single lanes by solid rows of parked cars.

Don't scapegoat the cyclist, see the real cause.