Perverse police officer keeps his job & rank !!

Fancy having to go through such a stressful situation. He should retire on a nice pension immediately.

If there is a connection between a senior police officer making lewd comments towards a colleague and the completely irrelevant story you have linked to, could you please share it ?

I was on about being PC and the way everything has to be all PC these days. As has been said years ago things people said were said jokingly and not meant with any insult, read my other post.

What i dont understand about this is, why was the sgt taken directly to a disciplinary hearing without a mention of any previous warnings. In my experience when you face a disciplinary hearing you face the sack.

there was no mention of officer A reporting the sgt to a senior officer at all, consequently no pryer warnings at all were mentioned.

Look in the Daily Mail...lol

Anyone who buys, let alone believes, ANYTHING printed in the Daily Mail is an idiot.

It"s a comic produced by wannabe novelists.

What i dont understand about this is, why was the sgt taken directly to a disciplinary hearing without a mention of any previous warnings. In my experience when you face a disciplinary hearing you face the sack.

there was no mention of officer A reporting the sgt to a senior officer at all, consequently no pryer warnings at all were mentioned.

You are not given all the detail that you may wish for, but there is enough.

His action was regarded as Gross Misconduct, which usually warrants dismissal (you don't need any previous).

The hearing was a misconduct hearing, openly reported, to reach a decision of whether to dismiss or not.

I didn't imagine. It's wrong to assume I did.

In post #3 you put:

I don't imagine he intended to insult the woman but rather pay her a compliment.

That sure reads like you imagined he intended to pay her a compliment to me.

The Star article altus links in post 18, states the sgt was issued with a final written warning.

If i can clarify, why wasnt the sgt reported to a senior officer at the beginning of these comments instead of it becoming a gross misconduct hearing,

There is no mention of any previous warnings or any previous disciplinary procedure against him, i would have thought that officer A would have reported this before it got to this stage where the sgt would have been brought before the chief for disciplinary action.

why wasnt the sgt reported and disciplined on the first few times he made these comments? If he was, and still carried on making the comments it is my guess he would have been sacked and imo quite rightly so.

what may have been acceptable in previous decades has become a no go area due to the pc world that pcs now live in.

Or, what may have been acceptable in previous decades is now considered unacceptable because we now understand more about the difference between right and wrong.

If i can clarify, why wasnt the sgt reported to a senior officer at the beginning of these comments instead of it becoming a gross misconduct hearing,

There is no mention of any previous warnings or any previous disciplinary procedure against him, i would have thought that officer A would have reported this before it got to this stage where the sgt would have been brought before the chief for disciplinary action.

why wasnt the sgt reported and disciplined on the first few times he made these comments? If he was, and still carried on making the comments it is my guess he would have been sacked and imo quite rightly so.

"first few times"?

Why should a subordinate be put in such a position of worrying whether reporting could affect her career?

He was abusing his seniority and should be got rid of.

The victim blaming can cease as can the bickering.