SCC Councillor received summons for not paying council tax

Private Eye have done an investigation into councillors not paying their council tax.

Unfortunately I can't link due to my lack of posts, but private-eye and then /councillors should help you find the original article.

For us in Sheffield, one councillor ended up receiving a court summons for not paying their council tax. Unfortunately, SCC are keeping quiet on who it is so we can't respond in kind in the next election.

Private Eye have done an investigation into councillors not paying their council tax.

Unfortunately I can't link due to my lack of posts, but private-eye and then /councillors should help you find the original article.

For us in Sheffield, one councillor ended up receiving a court summons for not paying their council tax. Unfortunately, SCC are keeping quiet on who it is so we can't respond in kind in the next election.

Is this a story or news? i don't think so as we don't know the details behind the non payment.

Now if the Councillor had not paid and not been summoned then that might be news.

there are many people on here who have received summons and they have proof they have paid so it could have been a mistake.

Well, they get about £970 a month after tax for doing as little or as much as they can be arsed to do. Not a bad little earner.

Best gig is to get into the House of Lords ( like Playschool's Floella Benjamin) £300 quid a day just for plonking your area down on a red seat for a few hours..x

---------- Post added 04-11-2016 at 22:37 ----------

Arse I meant

Well, they get about £970 a month after tax for doing as little or as much as they can be arsed to do.

That's a disgraceful attack on our 4 UKIP councillors. Withdraw that slur immediately or the Daily Mail will declare you the enemy of the people.

That's a disgraceful attack on our 4 UKIP councillors. Withdraw that slur immediately or the Daily Mail will declare you the enemy of the people.

Love it. Are you sure its only 4