US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

Actually in the US the president, being the head of state, is treated rather more deferentially than the PM here. To an extent this deferential treatment extends to senators and congressmen as well.

Candidates are rough with each other, but it's considered bad form in general to be disrespectful to a holder of high public office.

Tell Donald Trump that. He has been lying that Obama isn't an American for several years. He only got round to telling the truth this year;

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/

Who is voting for Trump, the self-declared pervert? If ever I saw a person with narcissistic personality disorder , it is he. There goes a bloke who would press the red button in a fit of pique and blow us all to kingdom come.

I think Hilary is more likely to press the button,i am fearful of them both.

I think Hilary is more likely to press the button,i am fearful of them both.

Trump is more likely to get drunk and press the button just because he's having a bad day or to try and impress a woman.

Clinton would probably accidentally post the nuclear launch codes on her Facebook page or something.

Trump is more likely to get drunk and press the button just because he's having a bad day or to try and impress a woman.

Clinton would probably accidentally post the nuclear launch codes on her Facebook page or something.

I'm loath to ask but....for the conspiracy theorists, how does the FBI reopening the Hillary email probe at this late stage make any sense whatsoever?

I guess it must mean there is no conspiracy!

I'm loath to ask but....for the conspiracy theorists, how does the FBI reopening the Hillary email probe at this late stage make any sense whatsoever?

I guess it must mean there is no conspiracy!

It's damn weird. What couldn't have waited a week and a half? It's not as if they actually have anything. They have an intention to look at things. Somebody's playing games, either within the FBI or by putting pressure on the FBI.

It's damn weird. What couldn't have waited a week and a half? It's not as if they actually have anything. They have an intention to look at things. Somebody's playing games, either within the FBI or by putting pressure on the FBI.

It's more mysterious than that.

The FBI was advised by the US justice department not to inform Congress of a new inquiry into Hillary Clinton's email use, officials say.

Justice department officials said the move would be inconsistent with rules designed to avoid the appearance of interference in an election.

FBI Director James Comey acted independently when he briefed lawmakers in a letter on Friday.

I'm wondering if they are pre-empting a wiki leak.

I doubt they will allow Trump to win.

The vote will be manipulated.

You said that 'they' will make sure the vote is rigged so that Clinton will win. Are 'they' not in charge of the FBI? Seems odd that they would have the power to change the outcome of the election and not be pulling strings in the FBI.

Its going to be ironic if this costs her the presidency, but then the investigation revelas there was nothing new. Much of the damage being done is because the FBI give no details, which allows Trump to allege all sorts of things. If they were going to announce it, then they should have been ready to make clear exactly what they had and are investigating.

Bizarre decision imo unless they have some damning evidence.

The irony is that many people were using private servers at the time.