US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

Crikey, can this election go any lower? The language being used is simply appalling, but at least it's lively. Old Donald certainly likes to call a spade a spade...

Actually, I think our politicians could learn a thing or two. I think we are far too deferential in this country, and (with a few exceptions) treat our politicians with kid gloves, even if there's an elephant in the room. We allow them to get away with murder. Very few interviewers are able to hold them to account, and allow them to waffle on / avoid answering the question / change the subject / answer a question they were never asked but like the answer to / etc. Heaven forbid that we should seem rude by actually demanding an honest answer.

Only Nigel Farage seemed to talk openly, and, love him or hate him, that got him a huge following.

So bring it on. Let's see our politicians properly challenged on the things that matter on a regular basis

Actually in the US the president, being the head of state, is treated rather more deferentially than the PM here. To an extent this deferential treatment extends to senators and congressmen as well.

Candidates are rough with each other, but it's considered bad form in general to be disrespectful to a holder of high public office.

Who is voting for Trump, the self-declared pervert? If ever I saw a person with narcissistic personality disorder , it is he. There goes a bloke who would press the red button in a fit of pique and blow us all to kingdom come.

Those who don't want Mrs Clinton to be the next American president.

Calm down Donald Trump will not be pressing the red button in a fit of pique.

Crikey, can this election go any lower? The language being used is simply appalling, but at least it's lively. Old Donald certainly likes to call a spade a spade...

Actually, I think our politicians could learn a thing or two. I think we are far too deferential in this country, and (with a few exceptions) treat our politicians with kid gloves, even if there's an elephant in the room. We allow them to get away with murder. Very few interviewers are able to hold them to account, and allow them to waffle on / avoid answering the question / change the subject / answer a question they were never asked but like the answer to / etc. Heaven forbid that we should seem rude by actually demanding an honest answer.

Only Nigel Farage seemed to talk openly, and, love him or hate him, that got him a huge following.

So bring it on. Let's see our politicians properly challenged on the things that matter on a regular basis

What on earth are you wittering on about?

You don't think Paxo, Humphrys etc hold MPs to account? You don't think David Dimbleby asks MPs to answer questions?

You don't think our press ridicule politicians? Aren't you the same user that complains about the way Corbyn is treated?

We treat our MPs with kid gloves and reverence do we? I'm sure Keith Vaz agrees with that! And Amber Rudd, and Corbyn, and Farage. And Boris and all the others that have gotten significant bad press recently.

Maybe don't post at 3am because you become rather incoherent in your reasoning.

Edited by Santo

I doubt they will allow Trump to win.

The vote will be manipulated.

I go into the tolling booth along with my wife, we show our driver's licenses as ID, the lady who checks them then crosses us off a list she has with her. She hands us each a piece of paper with the candidates names on it. We ink out the name of our choice and drop it in a sealed box. I have been doing it now since I became a citizen in 1985. I'm sure its as good as anything I voted for back in the old country. I will vote for whoever I like. As for being manipulated I take annoyance at people who judge us wiithout a grain of knowledge about us. I would like to know who these "they" are.

Actually in the US the president, being the head of state, is treated rather more deferentially than the PM here. To an extent this deferential treatment extends to senators and congressmen as well.

Candidates are rough with each other, but it's considered bad form in general to be disrespectful to a holder of high public office.

Tell Donald Trump that. He has been lying that Obama isn't an American for several years. He only got round to telling the truth this year;

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/

Who is voting for Trump, the self-declared pervert? If ever I saw a person with narcissistic personality disorder , it is he. There goes a bloke who would press the red button in a fit of pique and blow us all to kingdom come.

I think Hilary is more likely to press the button,i am fearful of them both.

I think Hilary is more likely to press the button,i am fearful of them both.

Trump is more likely to get drunk and press the button just because he's having a bad day or to try and impress a woman.

Clinton would probably accidentally post the nuclear launch codes on her Facebook page or something.

Trump is more likely to get drunk and press the button just because he's having a bad day or to try and impress a woman.

Clinton would probably accidentally post the nuclear launch codes on her Facebook page or something.

I'm loath to ask but....for the conspiracy theorists, how does the FBI reopening the Hillary email probe at this late stage make any sense whatsoever?

I guess it must mean there is no conspiracy!

I'm loath to ask but....for the conspiracy theorists, how does the FBI reopening the Hillary email probe at this late stage make any sense whatsoever?

I guess it must mean there is no conspiracy!

It's damn weird. What couldn't have waited a week and a half? It's not as if they actually have anything. They have an intention to look at things. Somebody's playing games, either within the FBI or by putting pressure on the FBI.

It's damn weird. What couldn't have waited a week and a half? It's not as if they actually have anything. They have an intention to look at things. Somebody's playing games, either within the FBI or by putting pressure on the FBI.

It's more mysterious than that.

The FBI was advised by the US justice department not to inform Congress of a new inquiry into Hillary Clinton's email use, officials say.

Justice department officials said the move would be inconsistent with rules designed to avoid the appearance of interference in an election.

FBI Director James Comey acted independently when he briefed lawmakers in a letter on Friday.

I'm wondering if they are pre-empting a wiki leak.

It's a disaster. Clinton is now only 1% ahead in latest poll. Trump is a nightmare sociopath, and Clinton is a corrupt warmonger. What a choice. Whoever wins, the people lose....