Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

7 hours ago, hackey lad said:

That’s him gone for a few days then . Again 😀

Probably.

On 05/10/2016 at 19:01, Guest makapaka said:

i think sometimes people just like to demonise beggars as it makes it easier to not confront the fact that in 2016 there are people effectively living in shop doorways.

Exactly 

No. New user. Curious question though 🤔 

Edited by parking betty
Comment added to

2 minutes ago, parking betty said:

No. New user

So - why go back 7 years for quote?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RollingJ said:

New Poster, maybe hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. I've been known to post before realising a thread is ancient, (and anyway some issues come round again and again.) Give them a break and make them feel welcome.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

New Poster, maybe hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. I've been known to post before realising a thread is ancient, (and anyway some issues come round again and again.) Give them a break and make them feel welcome.

Anna, had they not obviously read the topic, to find that quote, so should have noticed the date, I would, but my experience after using  message boards of various types for 30+ years, and being am admin/mod on forums &c leads to my comments above.

On 29/11/2023 at 07:07, Anna B said:

There is nothing in the rules that says there is a time limit on responding to posts. RollingJ just likes being pessimistic.

On 28/11/2023 at 07:37, RollingJ said:

Perhaps because, seven years on, there are still "people effectively living in shop doorways".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, horribleblob said:

Perhaps because, seven years on, there are still "people effectively living in shop doorways".

So- there are more up-to-date posts - on this topic

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

There is nothing in the rules that says there is a time limit on responding to posts. RollingJ just likes being pessimistic.

There isn't, Irene - I agree with that, but as above, why go back to almost the first page of a 225 page long one?

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So- there are more up-to-date posts - on this topic

There isn't, Irene - I agree with that, but as above, why go back to almost the first page of a 225 page long one?

Because that’s where they started reading?