EU Voting Purely About Migrants?

Whilst I think that on the balance of things, immigration has been good for the country, it can be hard to tell that to someone who lives in an area of high immigration. These areas tend to have far higher crime rates than other areas, as immigrants tend to commit more crimes per head than natives. There are particular immigrant groups that more often than not have a negative impact on the host area, I will not name these for fear of causing offence, but I'm sure many of you will have your own experiences.

So, to tell the people who voted leave based on immigration that rhey are wrong/racist is bigoted (rather ironically).

Whilst I think that on the balance of things, immigration has been good for the country, it can be hard to tell that to someone who lives in an area of high immigration. These areas tend to have far higher crime rates than other areas, as immigrants tend to commit more crimes per head than natives. There are particular immigrant groups that more often than not have a negative impact on the host area, I will not name these for fear of causing offence, but I'm sure many of you will have your own experiences.

So, to tell the people who voted leave based on immigration that rhey are wrong/racist is bigoted (rather ironically).

Let's not beat around the bush. An elderly Sheffielder, on Facebook, on the wall of someone who lives in another part of the country, was talking about muslims being the reason she voted out, they 'infested her area and build 3 mosques in my road! and they have Shia law here now'. When I asked where she lived it turned out to be Parsons Cross.

I can forgive her not spelling sharia law right.

I can't forgive her talking about Muslims in that manner when I know full well that Parsons Cross is not 'infested' with Muslims and most certainly doesn't have 3 mosques in it.

And I certainly can and will not forgive her for using her racist claptrap nonsense to vote Leave in this campaign. You have seen Boris Johnson speak, right? Immigration was a key point of the Leave campaign, did he sound like he was going to 'fix' immigration? Do any of the others?

Disliking Muslims is not racist. If you dislike someone because of their race, you are a racist. If you dislike someone because of their beliefs, you are a bigot. Islam is a belief system and not a race, so if you don't like muslims you are a bigot. I suppose you are still a bigot even if you can justify fairly your dislike of Islam and the people that follow it. I dislike racists, I suppose that makes me a bigot as I dislike racists because of their beliefs.

With regards to the Mosques, there are a few in that area of sheffield, the ones on Firth Park Road and Barnsley road are two I can think of, plus I think there is an Islamic centre as well.

Isn't there a fairly large Muslim population there?

Disliking Muslims is not racist. If you dislike someone because of their race, you are a racist. If you dislike someone because of their beliefs, you are a bigot. Islam is a belief system and not a race, so if you don't like muslims you are a bigot. I suppose you are still a bigot even if you can justify fairly your dislike of Islam and the people that follow it. I dislike racists, I suppose that makes me a bigot as I dislike racists because of their beliefs.

With regards to the Mosques, there are a few in that area of sheffield, the ones on Firth Park Road and Barnsley road are two I can think of, plus I think there is an Islamic centre as well.

Unbelievable. Just listen to yourself. You're just about everything at is wrong with these "I'm not racist" people. You should be ashamed but probably don't have the intelligence to realise it.

Unbelievable. Just listen to yourself. You're just about everything at is wrong with these "I'm not racist" people. You should be ashamed but probably don't have the intelligence to realise it.

What? Did you even read what I wrote?

Disliking someone because of their beliefs is bigoted, not racist. These are the actual definitions of the word. It seems it is you who lacks intelligence.

Disliking someone because of their beliefs is bigoted, not racist. These are the actual definitions of the word. It seems it is you who lacks intelligence.

grammar fascist :)

What? Did you even read what I wrote?

I rest my case....

My bold=

Parsons cross has no mosque, the ones at firth park road and Barnsley road are not in areas classed as parsons cross.

On the road that goes from the herries road petrol station towards where the magnet pub used to be is a church owned by a Pakistani friend of mine, it's currently rented out to Christians but I'm sure when we Muslims decide to take over parsons cross/Southey area we can use it as a mosque. :)

I rest my case....

You don't have a case, you were wrong. If you dislike someone for their beliefs (whatever belief that is), you are a bigot and not a racist. Ergo, if you hate Muslims, Christians or Communists you are a bigot and not a racist.

[/b]

My bold=

Parsons cross has no mosque, the ones at firth park road and Barnsley road are not in areas classed as parsons cross.

On the road that goes from the herries road petrol station towards where the magnet pub used to be is a church owned by a Pakistani friend of mine, it's currently rented out to Christians but I'm sure when we Muslims decide to take over parsons cross/Southey area we can use it as a mosque. :)

A church owned by a Pakistani? If that elderly woman mentioned earlier finds out then she will froth at the mouth. The world has gone mad!

Barnsley reaches a new low. Channel 4 News have been on the streets of the town asking people How they voted and why

One middle aged man replied ""immigration" , I'm not against Europeans coming in but but I don't want African, Syrians ........" Etc

You couldn't make it up

Barnsley voted 70% for Leave

I hope so, because without the University is going to struggle for cash.

I fully respect that, you seem to have thought about it and made a decision after weighing up all the pros and cons.

Unfortunately it is inevitable. I've lived here for ten years and, unlike ever before, in the past few months have often felt like I was an immigrant, an outsider whose future was being discussed as if it was not mine. I am not alone in that, most of my European friends in the city have experienced it. It is down to a gut feeling although plenty of small pointers/indicators I would normally ignore do suggest there has been a change. And now I don't know where my future lies. I thought it would be in Sheffield, England. But I am not so sure any more. In fact, I am sure that long term it won't be.

It is the footage from Barnsley, Burnley and comments by some people on here or other social media that trigger that. I respect your decision, but a lot of people made this decision because they hope it means that EU migrants can be shown the door. I don't care how many people deny that, there is a minority that does. And they now feel empowered to say it, out loud, in the media. Britain has become a less tolerant land, over night. And I really do hope it is short term, but I need convincing.

You have continuously slagged off people who voted to leave the E.U. on this forum , you now have the audacity to start crying crocodile tears saying how you are a victim of discrimination .

That is untrue it is you who is intolerant of the wishes of the British people .

You don't have a case, you were wrong. If you dislike someone for their beliefs (whatever belief that is), you are a bigot and not a racist. Ergo, if you hate Muslims, Christians or Communists you are a bigot and not a racist.

This still isn't quite right. Bigotry requires the 'dislike' to be based on a degree of ignorance or prejudice.

I would strongly disagree that is is bigotry to, for example, dislike and criticise the religious for practising, propagating and perpetuating belief in a super-bigot god who is going to burn in hell all non-believers and homosexuals. Standing up against bigoted beliefs should not be regarded as itself bigotry. Ergo, if immigrants wanting to enter the country hold (religious) beliefs that are contrary to our own values and principles then I think it is legitimate to at least ask ourselves whether we want them here without beating ourselves up and worrying whether it is racist or bigoted.