EU Voting Purely About Migrants?

Many people joined the anti Common Market brigade (I was a member) over forty years ago.

They saw the abandonment of our trade and ties with the Commonwealth (get that commonwealth;) as a backward step and a snub on millions of people that had stood beside us in two World wars fought against the very Country that we now decided to get into bed with.

We can now repair that bad decision and start trading worldwide again.

Russia is also a huge market just waiting to open its borders to trade from the west .

The UK never stopped trading with the Commonwealth. And if you think the UK will now happily reverse the embargoes on Russia (and vice versa) than you are more deluded than I thought. Are you going to vote out of NATO next so you can trade with that 'huge market' (which by the way, is about half the size of the British market)?

It seemed to work for the US who put quite large tariffs on Chinese steel.

Could that be because the USA has a large internal market?

Pretty much sums its all up right there, the condescending attitude of such people, has come back to bite them in the ass big time...end of story

I agree with many comments on here.

The sheer arrogance shown towards "normal" British people, by normal I mean shop workers, bus drivers etc, in short the fabric of unsung British life that we all depend each and every day..... Had had enough.

The UK is an amazing place to be if you have money and status. If you work in "The City" or the " Public sector" with all their perks and privileges then you live a very cocooned life. If on the other hand you're stuck in low paid, poor areas life really is a daily battle.

Before anyone quips that is "their" own failing, in some instances maybe, but in many the struggle and daily grind with work, family and bills leaves little if any time to better oneself.

No one is in doubt that Brexit will be profound, but it was a cry for help. A thing that Britain, with its stiff upper lip rarely does.

A lot of lessons to be learnt.

I agree with many comments on here.

The sheer arrogance shown towards "normal" British people, by normal I mean shop workers, bus drivers etc, in short the fabric of unsung British life that we all depend each and every day..... Had had enough.

The UK is an amazing place to be if you have money and status. If you work in "The City" or the " Public sector" with all their perks and privileges then you live a very cocooned life. If on the other hand you're stuck in low paid, poor areas life really is a daily battle.

Before anyone quips that is "their" own failing, in some instances maybe, but in many the struggle and daily grind with work, family and bills leaves little if any time to better oneself.

No one is in doubt that Brexit will be profound, but it was a cry for help. A thing that Britain, with its stiff upper lip rarely does.

A lot of lessons to be learnt.

And how is this cry for help going to change anything? Those normal people just voted away the tempering influence from the EU on their rights. Those same people, whom I sure you will agree are very unlikely to be Tory voters, just got themselves a new, unelected, prime minister from the same little club the last one was a member of.

What is going to happen next, popular revolt?

And how is this cry for help going to change anything? Those normal people just voted away the tempering influence from the EU on their rights. Those same people, whom I sure you will agree are very unlikely to be Tory voters, just got themselves a new, unelected, prime minister from the same little club the last one was a member of.

What is going to happen next, popular revolt?

I just don't like this logic at all.

Politicians want votes. For once those who have it hardest, and who politicians are least inclined to woo, showed up to vote in large numbers. They saw their votes make a huge change to the way the country is governed. If they start voting routinely, they've just massively empowered themselves.

It is completely unacceptable to have laws which cannot be changed by elections. I don't care whether they're good laws or bad laws. I'm not having it.

Which of course benefited the Blair`s financially with old Cherrie being one of the old human rights lawyers.

Well indeed. And also recent *migrants (for some reason) seem to vote Labour. So it was gerrymandering on a MASSIVE scale.

They have what they wanted - to change the face of Britain forever.

*Immigrants

As profound as Brexit will undoubtedly be, not just for us but all those outside the UK.

I'm deeply disturbed by David Cameron resignation.

He brought about this referendum, his party was re-elected, he gave all those much meaning speeches what the future would bring......but yet, like a boy that takes his ball home....he's quit!

If I'm honest, I don't recall voting last election, partly because I didn't believe a word of anything any of them say.

So, the UK leaves, the EU's future is anyone's guess. But Mr Cameron and his good lady wife will walk off into the sunset, fully paid up for the rest of their natural lives.

Like Blair, it leaves a revolting taste in ones mouth.

Shocking how one can be responsible for so much carnage and then retreat to the shadows to look upon what they've created.

The EU will despise David Cameron for this, more than we ever despised Tony Blair....and he was bad enough!

Edited by mrcharlie

I just don't like this logic at all.

Politicians want votes. For once those who have it hardest, and who politicians are least inclined to woo, showed up to vote in large numbers. They saw their votes make a huge change to the way the country is governed. If they start voting routinely, they've just massively empowered themselves.

I have said before, I don't have an issue with the referendum, or the outcome. What I have an issue with is people voting as a protest. That protest vote has profoundly changed the course of their lives. If it is changed to what they want, not a problem, but what happens when their lives are still crummy after the vote? Constantly voting against, to get your voice heard, is counter-logical, inform yourself and then vote on the basis of being informed.

It is completely unacceptable to have laws which cannot be changed by elections. I don't care whether they're good laws or bad laws. I'm not having it.

I presume you are speaking about the EU, arguing about this is irrelevant now.

I have said before, I don't have an issue with the referendum, or the outcome. What I have an issue with is people voting as a protest. That protest vote has profoundly changed the course of their lives. If it is changed to what they want, not a problem, but what happens when their lives are still crummy after the vote? Constantly voting against, to get your voice heard, is counter-logical, inform yourself and then vote on the basis of being informed.

I presume you are speaking about the EU, arguing about this is irrelevant now.

mybold

But that is exactly how the masses protest in this country, people who are generally ignored by the political elite and who generally get on with their day to day lives, but given the opportunity have swung the big decision, let's move on it's done !

---------- Post added 25-06-2016 at 10:41 ----------

mybold

But that is exactly how the masses protest in this country, people who are generally ignored by the political elite and who generally get on with their day to day lives, but given the opportunity have swung the big decision, let's move on it's done !

The 'working class', 'the elderly', the 'white British male' .... yes they have spoken ...... previous generations have gone to war on the back of others decisions, the younger generation who feel so hard done to should reflect a little.

why dont the leavers just zoom off abroad now whilst they can if they dont have Love for the UK

SIMPLES

why dont the leavers just zoom off abroad now whilst they can if they dont have Love for the UK

SIMPLES

Could you explain that for me please?