Self Representation in Court

Btw if you arent smart, then I wouldnt bother.

Good advice for you!

I was not there to hear it.

I got off, and I walked out of there.

:hihi: Wow! Impressive :thumbsup:

It is better to have a professional do it for you but also, it can be

a disaster with the wrong professional.

Get someone with experience and a proven track record in that particular field.

Good advice for you!

Meaning what exactly?

Meaning what exactly?

I think the poster is saying you are not smart enough to go down the root of self representation in court. You should treat it as a compliment because they are suggesting you should follow your own advice, if you ever get into a situation where legal representation is required.

I think the poster is saying you are not smart enough to go down the root of self representation in court. You should treat it as a compliment because they are suggesting you should follow your own advice, if you ever get into a situation where legal representation is required.

And what would this person be basing that on? Considering my background, all very amusing.

I am only trying to help. I assume the poster is basing it on your contributions in the Sheffield Forum.

I am only trying to help. I assume the poster is basing it on your contributions in the Sheffield Forum.

No you arent. Doubt it.

Meaning what exactly?

I don't know you so its not related to you as a person I was agreeing with your advice is all.

I don't know you so its not related to you as a person I was agreeing with your advice is all.

Ah ok. The reason I mentioned it was a slight reference to the OP's comment was that it was all so confusing. If a person is willing to research and are reasonably smart, confident and well organised, then I think they can go for it.

If they dont understand what you are doing, then it can be confusing, they might not represent yourself well and do more harm than good.

If the OP felt let down by their previous lawyers, then he could write down the points he wants making and discuss them with his lawyer. They might say yay or nay depending whether it was relevant or not as well as explain their approach. In that case they get their case across with the lawyers assistance, which is what they are there to do anyway.

There are plenty of guides on self representation, so the OP can spend time familiarising himself with whats involved and then think whether he has enough confidence in himself to proceed with it. I doubt its uncommon, but not my area.

It's disgraceful that proper representation is beyond the pocket of the ordinary man these days, and probably against Magna Carta, but don't despair. As I was told by someone who should know on here, solicitors, barristers etc have nothing to do with justice, they have to do with the law...

Depends on the case of course, but you might have a better chance of getting justice on your own.

Good luck.

. As I was told by someone who should know on here, solicitors, barristers etc have nothing to do with justice, they have to do with the law..

What are you on about???