Taxi driver robbed at knifepoint !

Just wanted to make people aware that one of our drivers have just been called to an address on Mansfield drive at intake and was robbed and beaten at knifepoint !

It was 2 white men aged around 30 about 4.10 am if there are any witnesses or you have any information could you please contact 101 quoting ref 2903/138

Apparantly this is the 2nd time it has happened on the same road in as many weeks its just not on not only is it unsafe for our taxi drivers out there its also unfair on the residents that live there as soon no one will want to pick up on that estate anymore !

Edited by donsmoobabe

There is some right morons around

My sister lives on Mansfield drive, I'll ask her when I see her tomorrow if she has seen anything.

Any news on the driver? Is he ok?

when are these scumbags going to get longer sentences for this feral behaviour

its hardly the crime of the century. they do a lot less damage to communities then drug dealers

its hardly the crime of the century. they do a lot less damage to communities then drug dealers

:o

I doubt you would think this a minor thing if it was someone you loved who had been attacked.

A candidate for the most brainless post ever on SF?

A candidate for the most brainless post ever on SF?

But sadly true

for crimes like these, the camera in the cab becomes useful to catch these criminals. For crimes like this, there should be a minimum sentence of ten years with no parole.

get well soon driver.

I saw this in the Star, and they even acknowledged the SF which is unusual.

I hope the driver is ok and back to work soon.

:rolleyes:

:roll:

The maximum sentence for armed robbery is life inside, just like it is for traffiking hard drugs.