Council tax rise approved

My state pension will increase by £3-60p per month from April.

My Council tax will increase by £5-00 per month from April.

BRILLIANT.

BRILLIANT.

----------

Yes same goes here and my spending money just keeps going down.

:gag:

---------- Post added 17-03-2016 at 16:26 ----------

My first payment is £110 and a few pence and then £106 thereafter for 11 months for what?

---------------

How much as it gone up from last year. :huh:

Got my council tax bill along with the usual sob story letter.

The letter goes to great lengths explaining how horrible the nasty central government are but also points out how scc are pluckily going on with the Streets Ahead program. Of course it omits that the bulk of the cost of Streets Ahead is being met by the horrible and nasty central government or that this intervention is only necessary due to decades of negligence.

I would say that scc need to change the record but seeing as most of Sheffield continues to tap their foot along to it, why would they?

BRILLIANT.

Hi L Should that not read per week for state pension.

The letter goes to great lengths explaining how horrible the nasty central government are but also points out how scc are pluckily going on with the Streets Ahead program. Of course it omits that the bulk of the cost of Streets Ahead is being met by the horrible and nasty central government or that this intervention is only necessary due to decades of negligence.

I would say that scc need to change the record but seeing as most of Sheffield continues to tap their foot along to it, why would they?

To be fair though it's not only Labour councils who complain about cuts from central government.

It's just that Cameron doesn't usually back down so quickly

Fire Service contributions have increased by 2% yet the Fire Authority feel it appropriate to make 2 million quid available for local community groups to apply for a share. This is the 2nd time this has happened in the last few years which in my opinion is totally unacceptable and not what this money is intended for. Taking into account frontline cuts, this decision is a disgrace.

Fire Service contributions have increased by 2% yet the Fire Authority feel it appropriate to make 2 million quid available for local community groups to apply for a share. This is the 2nd time this has happened in the last few years which in my opinion is totally unacceptable and not what this money is intended for. Taking into account frontline cuts, this decision is a disgrace.

You don't say what this money is awarded for; if we knew, then we could form an opinion as to its worthiness.

If it's awarded for fire prevention initiatives then perhaps it saves money in the longer term.

You don't say what this money is awarded for; if we knew, then we could form an opinion as to its worthiness.

If it's awarded for fire prevention initiatives then perhaps it saves money in the longer term.

I get your point but I feel it's irrelevant the reasons the money is awarded. In the current financial climate I feel it's very poor judgement to be giving that amount of money away while at the same time cutting the frontline.

How can that be morally justified.

I get your point but I feel it's irrelevant the reasons the money is awarded. In the current financial climate I feel it's very poor judgement to be giving that amount of money away while at the same time cutting the frontline.

It depends where you see the "frontline".

:thumbsup:

10 characters

If fire prevention saves the lives of front line fire-fighters then it's worth every penny. Plus, don't forget, because of the government's attack on their retirement age those front line fire-fighters will include grandfathers and grandmothers.

Apparently £20 has been added to my bill for "adult social care".

Love how they just add things randomly!