Council tax rise approved

It depends where you see the "frontline".

I class frontline as anyone that responds to emergencies.

---------- Post added 18-03-2016 at 18:01 ----------

If fire prevention saves the lives of front line fire-fighters then it's worth every penny. Plus, don't forget, because of the government's attack on their retirement age those front line fire-fighters will include grandfathers and grandmothers.

Any local community groups can apply for a share of the 2 million pounds, nothing to do with fire prevention at all.

I class frontline as anyone that responds to emergencies.

---------- Post added 18-03-2016 at 18:01 ----------

Any local community groups can apply for a share of the 2 million pounds, nothing to do with fire prevention at all.

If it's this scheme you're talking about: South Yorkshire Fire Authority’s Safer Stronger Communities Reserve fund it's £700,000 not £2 million. Plus this quote from the page shows that the grants will help reduce emergency incidents and thus protect the front-line response teams from life threatening risks.

The best way for us to further reduce emergency incidents is to work with partners like those which have applied for support from this grant scheme. It’s these organisations which can help us reach the most vulnerable people in our communities.

What's not to like?

If it's this scheme you're talking about: South Yorkshire Fire Authority’s Safer Stronger Communities Reserve fund it's £700,000 not £2 million. Plus this quote from the page shows that the grants will help reduce emergency incidents and thus protect the front-line response teams from life threatening risks.

What's not to like?

Don't believe everything you read where the fire service is concerned.

Don't believe everything you read where the fire service is concerned.

I know, I'd much rather believe someone I've never met claiming something that cannot be verified.

I know, I'd much rather believe someone I've never met claiming something that cannot be verified.

You're obviously in the job and know far more than me.