Help finding a radio with no speakers for the kitchen

carboy42

Title might sound odd

I bought a Bose Bluetooth speaker a few years ago. Built in battery for picnics etc and power to have on permanent

I link my iPhone to it to play music while cooking but the missis wants a radio instead. Now while you can get radio apps it's a pain as you have to sync it then open apps and you can't text etc while it's on or you get that tap tap sound or the phone ringing etc. It's just annoying

I dont really want to remove it and replace with a cheap radio after saving up and paying over £200 for the speaker so as a compromise I am trying to find just a simple radio tuner with a 3.5mm output to plug in to the Bose speaker so she can just use that and I can use the Bluetooth option when I am cooking

Just struggling to find a suitable or any radio to be fair that I can plug in to the Bose?

I dont really want to remove it and replace with a cheap radio after saving up and paying over £200 for the speaker so as a compromise I am trying to find just a simple radio tuner with a 3.5mm output to plug in to the Bose speaker so she can just use that and I can use the Bluetooth option when I am cooking

To be fair, that speaker is going to make anything cheap sound rubbish. Radio is bad enough as it is when it comes to the sound quality as it's all compressed, so that speaker will make everything on FM like it's being played through a baked bean tin unless it's a good quality radio.

We use a Pure Move 2500 in the kitchen. It receives both Dab and FM, no external speakers, just plug some in -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Rechargeable-Personal-Digital-Radio/dp/B005J3PLXE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1455410350&sr=1-1&keywords=pure+move+2500

I have one of these and it's been fantastic ! Not the cheapest thing in the world but never had any problems with it :)

Edited by whiteowl
typo