I've just had my revenge!

Guest makapaka
There is no reason to beg. Every refugee coming in to this country gets a place to live and money every week from the tax payer so obviously our home grown poor and destitute get it as well don,t they ?!?!?!!!!!. Oh and Linda 80p for five minutes work equates to £9 an hour with no tax or NI to pay and is probably on top of the benefits he gets so all in all a damn good hourly rate. Instead of having a pop at the OP maybe you should seek out the offender and question his morals, only saying!!.

Well there obviously is a reason - otherwise people wouldn't do it.

Rest of your post not worth responding to.

Maka obviously there is a reason,the fact that people are gullible and give money is the reason. The OP states he has seen the man on more than one occasion, he is either very forgetful to bring sufficient money or he is working a scam and earning £9 or above per hour. Scams like these are reported in the local press time and again with has a negative impact on genuine persons who have to beg for whatever reason. The fact that there is not enough housing or social support for destitute people born in this country beggars belief when we can provide such for all the worlds flotsam ( usually fit healthy single young males ). I openly and honestly admit that I believe charity should begin at home before we take in the rest of the world. I give to WWF, cancer uk, Macmillan and Alzheimer's society by standing order each month totalling £20 ( believe me or not as I care not ). Whilst this is not a vast amount I live on a pension that I paid into for 36 years and am still taxed on. The only world charity I give to is for animals, as I still pay tax I consider my contribution is taken care of in the £12 billion the govt give each year. Should I come across a beggar I will listen to his plea and then decide if I give or not but I still believe that social welfare should be there to assist them first and foremost

A bit off topic, but...

There is no reason to beg. Every refugee coming in to this country gets a place to live and money every week from the tax payer so obviously our home grown poor and destitute get it as well don,t they ?!?!?!!!!!. Oh and Linda 80p for five minutes work equates to £9 an hour with no tax or NI to pay and is probably on top of the benefits he gets so all in all a damn good hourly rate. Instead of having a pop at the OP maybe you should seek out the offender and question his morals, only saying!!.

I'm not arguing with you about your general point, but you just write a few things that aren't realistic.

This bold for one.

I remember once picking up a customer who was telling me how rich I was. He said, well this job is £10, and it's taken 15 mins, so you're on £40 an hour, 60 hours a week, you earn £2400 a week! :hihi:

It's the kind of logic that I'd expect from a 4 or 5 year old. I'm sure he wasn't that stupid because he actually worked out those complex figures :roll::hihi:, it's difficult to tell when someone sounds so convincing, thankfully they are rare.

-

Maka obviously there is a reason,the fact that people are gullible and give money is the reason. The OP states he has seen the man on more than one occasion, he is either very forgetful to bring sufficient money or he is working a scam and earning £9 or above per hour. Scams like these are reported in the local press time and again with has a negative impact on genuine persons who have to beg for whatever reason. The fact that there is not enough housing or social support for destitute people born in this country beggars belief when we can provide such for all the worlds flotsam ( usually fit healthy single young males ). I openly and honestly admit that I believe charity should begin at home before we take in the rest of the world. I give to WWF, cancer uk, Macmillan and Alzheimer's society by standing order each month totalling £20 ( believe me or not as I care not ). Whilst this is not a vast amount I live on a pension that I paid into for 36 years and am still taxed on. The only world charity I give to is for animals, as I still pay tax I consider my contribution is taken care of in the £12 billion the govt give each year. Should I come across a beggar I will listen to his plea and then decide if I give or not but I still believe that social welfare should be there to assist them first and foremost

I think some have missed the main point. I think Linda doesn't get it, it isn't the 80p. I don't think that many people (percentage wise) are that gullible these days to just hand their money over, so people use con-tricks. Who likes losing to a con-trick?!

Let me give you 2 examples:

1. Man asks for 80p for 'food' You give it him, he sticks 2 fingers up at you by buying beer.

2. Man dupes you out of 80p and you didn't see it happen until just after. He then buys beer.

-

My reaction: 1: Lesson learned, 2: In the pub later, I tell my mates 1 happened :hihi:

Edited by *_ash_*

Okay, I'm sure the police do deal with these sort of crimes, in my opinion this example is quite petty and pathetic, just be sure to wear you're redcape superman, so I can congratulate you. But next time call the police or do ignore it, getting revenge could possibly lead to more crimes, so just becareful ☺

Well, I think well done to the op and that you are petty, picky and overly self-righteous in your response. Maybe if everyone reacted as they did it would dawn on the scammer scum that they couldn't win and they'd call it a day. And do you really think that the police would do any more about this than raise a report number?

Ash you make a fair and valid point and I stand chastened.

However I still reckon he makes a few quid an hour and it is obviously worth it to him to provide or supplement an income but your point remains valid.

bold: Most probably. I reckon he'll have made a fair few quid with this so far.

Some posters are conflating scamming with homelessness - we all know they are not the same thing. I expect the scammers have homes to go to. Let us not forget that one in ten rough sleepers are ex-servicemen.

I agree so we need to tackle both. The scammers are harming the homeless. Making people distrustful of helping others.