I've just had my revenge!

Wel what does he want a medal for it, let's be honest he's not much of a con artist. It's only 80p but to go out of you're way for revenge then gloat on here for a ego boost, that's patectic and quite sad.

No but about time we dealt with these scroungers. They blight our city with their lies. Police wont do anything about them so we have to ignore them or do what the OP has done and get one over on them.

Okay, I'm sure the police do deal with these sort of crimes, in my opinion this example is quite petty and pathetic, just be sure to wear you're redcape superman, so I can congratulate you. But next time call the police or do ignore it, getting revenge could possibly lead to more crimes, so just becareful ☺

A few weeks ago, somewhat dazed from Xmas shopping, I was walking along Ecclesall Road when a chap holding his car keys and some change stopped me and said he was just a bit short for the meter and could I help him. I had no change I explained, only pound coins, which I pulled out of my pocket and held in my hand. That's okay he said, he just needed 80p so swapped 20p from his hand for a pound coin in mine.

As my brain woke up from it's shopping hibernation my feeling of helping a fellow human lasted about a nano-second, I caught up with my wife and confessed that I'd just been conned. Quite evidently since the time was after 3:30 and the maximum amount possible would be 50p before the bus-lane became operational, absolutely evidently since I saw the same chap conning change out of a woman just five minutes later.

So be warned.

Anyway I had my revenge yesterday afternoon. Same man, same story, same situation. I looked at the change in his hand and said, "Don't worry I'll sort you out, give me what change you have", I took it to the meter and started to put the money in. "Woaahh" he said, but too late. Once I had put 50p in I pressed the button and gave him the ticket and what was left of his change. "You're sorted", I said, "that's the maximum to park" :hihi:

:thumbsup:

-

Talking of being duped I just have, by clicking on a link on here.

Guest makapaka
Wel what does he want a medal for it, let's be honest he's not much of a con artist. It's only 80p but to go out of you're way for revenge then gloat on here for a ego boost, that's patectic and quite sad.

Exactly - not exactly dirty rotten scoundrels is it.

If you're in a position where 80p makes a difference you're not in a great place.

Not necessarily in this instance but It's easier for people to deal with their conscience to assume all beggars are really on the take but let's face it - you have to be in a pretty bad place to con 80p.

It's freezing tonight and there was a girl begging in broomhill earlier - i heard a woman saying to her bloke - "don't give her any money she was here last night as well" - like she's gone and got herself sorted with last nights few quid???

Let's face it - if you're on the streets begging / conning for a quid you're in a lot worse place than most people on here.

There is no reason to beg. Every refugee coming in to this country gets a place to live and money every week from the tax payer so obviously our home grown poor and destitute get it as well don,t they ?!?!?!!!!!. Oh and Linda 80p for five minutes work equates to £9 an hour with no tax or NI to pay and is probably on top of the benefits he gets so all in all a damn good hourly rate. Instead of having a pop at the OP maybe you should seek out the offender and question his morals, only saying!!.

Every refugee coming in to this country gets a place to live and money every week from the tax payer so obviously our home grown poor and destitute get it as well don,t they ?!?!?
It's not that simple unfortunately. I'm not a lefty "all beggars need help" type, and I know that each person's situation is different from another, and some are more deserving than others. But the state is absolutely not concerned with the issue of homelessness.

A single young person living on the street is incredibly unlikely to be offered a roof over their head by the state. And even if they are, they might not be the most financially responsible. But which of us were in our teenage years? When you have no family or friends to rely on, one's housing situation is a lot more fragile than we sometimes think, and it's easy to end up homeless, and incredibly difficult to claw your way back.