I've just had my revenge!

A few weeks ago, somewhat dazed from Xmas shopping, I was walking along Ecclesall Road when a chap holding his car keys and some change stopped me and said he was just a bit short for the meter and could I help him. I had no change I explained, only pound coins, which I pulled out of my pocket and held in my hand. That's okay he said, he just needed 80p so swapped 20p from his hand for a pound coin in mine.

As my brain woke up from it's shopping hibernation my feeling of helping a fellow human lasted about a nano-second, I caught up with my wife and confessed that I'd just been conned. Quite evidently since the time was after 3:30 and the maximum amount possible would be 50p before the bus-lane became operational, absolutely evidently since I saw the same chap conning change out of a woman just five minutes later.

So be warned.

Anyway I had my revenge yesterday afternoon. Same man, same story, same situation. I looked at the change in his hand and said, "Don't worry I'll sort you out, give me what change you have", I took it to the meter and started to put the money in. "Woaahh" he said, but too late. Once I had put 50p in I pressed the button and gave him the ticket and what was left of his change. "You're sorted", I said, "that's the maximum to park" :hihi:

Good work (post too short).

Where abouts on Ecclesall Rd , I want to go and have some fun with him too :D

A few weeks ago, somewhat dazed from Xmas shopping, I was walking along Ecclesall Road when a chap holding his car keys and some change stopped me and said he was just a bit short for the meter and could I help him. I had no change I explained, only pound coins, which I pulled out of my pocket and held in my hand. That's okay he said, he just needed 80p so swapped 20p from his hand for a pound coin in mine.

As my brain woke up from it's shopping hibernation my feeling of helping a fellow human lasted about a nano-second, I caught up with my wife and confessed that I'd just been conned. Quite evidently since the time was after 3:30 and the maximum amount possible would be 50p before the bus-lane became operational, absolutely evidently since I saw the same chap conning change out of a woman just five minutes later.

So be warned.

Anyway I had my revenge yesterday afternoon. Same man, same story, same situation. I looked at the change in his hand and said, "Don't worry I'll sort you out, give me what change you have", I took it to the meter and started to put the money in. "Woaahh" he said, but too late. Once I had put 50p in I pressed the button and gave him the ticket and what was left of his change. "You're sorted", I said, "that's the maximum to park" :hihi:

Brilliant .

You should have got him to hold his change in his hand, then taken the 30p he robbed off you last week.

Where abouts on Ecclesall Rd , I want to go and have some fun with him too :D

Just outside White Stuff. But I can't imagine this is a scam that works for long, as my revenge shows, so he must try it in all sorts of places.

---------- Post added 19-01-2016 at 11:45 ----------

You should have got him to hold his change in his hand, then taken the 30p he robbed off you last week.

It was 80p :(

So be warned.

Brilliant mate well done!

well done, I live mear eccy rd I will watch out for this guy

I think there was a thread about this man last Spring/Summer.

Shortly after I'd read about him on SF, he accosted me in the city centre car park on the site of the old "new" fire station. I've also seen him further up Ecclesall Road just below Hunters Bar.

Oh, dear!

And he seemed such a nice young man :-(

Granma.