Will you pay another 23p for farmers milk?

They want help,what about steelworkers and miners,they didn't, get help when you could get it cheaper elsewhere,sorry they have made money in the past and now overproducing,if they can,t compete get another job.

Edited by ukdobby

Farmers margins are not being squeezed by the supermarkets. They are falling because they are producing too much milk.

It's simple excess supply. The farmers want a free market to sell their goods on except when it's inconvenient to them? Sorry, that's really not how it works at all....

Exactly, that's why I won't pay any more than I need to.

Russia is boycotting EU dairy products.

http://www.foodingredientsfirst.com/news/FrieslandCampina-Profits-Hit-by-Russian-Boycott.html?frompage=undefined

So all the EU milk that would normally go to Russia isn't. So yes, there is an oversupply of milk and other dairy products within the EU.

The euro is weak against the pound, there is lots of cheap milk around the EU so the supermarkets can fill their boots. But the UK farmer gets squeezed.

And yes, I'd pay extra for British milk just to help our farmers. But just watch some spiv try and cash in by buying milk from abroad and labeling it as British and then pocketing the difference!