Whats a hipster and where do you find them?

A hipster ..

Someone who has been on the forum for five years and has only made 2 posts.

Seems to be a lot of them recently.. :suspect:

Edited by apelike

A hipster ..

Someone who has been on the forum for five years and has only made 2 posts.

Seems to be a lot of them recently.. :suspect:

Remind me - how many posts did you make between June 2010 and August 2014?

Hipsters are generally white middle class Guardianist kids who worship BME's and gentrify council estates in London whilst pretending to be poor.

Like these folks >>

Hipster's are a bunch of idiots, who, in an attempt to show their quirky individuality, grow beards and moustaches a la ISIS, and wear expensive designer clothes, bought either from charity shops or Poundland and tend to listen to 'music' by such groups as the trendy Fleetfoxes or anything by plinky-plonky Jools 'I'm an idiot' Holland.

So individual are they, that they gather together in large groups and hang about in town (often reached by bicycle depending on the aerodynamics of their beards) in an attempt to impress ... an attempt which sadly fails to hit the mark so far as some less effected are concerned.

---------- Post added 09-08-2015 at 08:59 ----------

---------- Post added 09-08-2015 at 09:04 ----------

Sorry - double post due to Welsh WIFI problems. I'll communicate by semaphore next time. :mad:

Edited by Alcoblog
The Welsh

Hipsters are generally white middle class Guardianist kids who worship BME's and gentrify council estates in London whilst pretending to be poor.

Like these folks >>

:hihi: Brilliant!

People who are trying so hard to be different that they all end up the same.

See also, goths, rockers, emos, punks, mods, skins, etc.

People who are trying so hard to be different that they all end up the same.

See also, goths, rockers, emos, punks, mods, skins, etc.

My impression is that punks, mods, and goths identity was primarily based around music, where as hipsters like yuppies seem to be lifestyle driven - though I could be wrong

and tend to listen to 'music' by such groups as the trendy Fleetfoxes or anything by plinky-plonky Jools 'I'm an idiot' Holland.

They're far too well know for hipsters. Don't forget the hipster mantra of "I liked that before you knew about it" and their disdain for anything once it becomes well known.

I've been thinking of styling myself as an anti-hipster with the motto "I liked that after it had become passée." :)

My impression is that punks, mods, and goths identity was primarily based around music, where as hipsters like yuppies seem to be lifestyle driven - though I could be wrong

In the 1940s, jazz fans were referred to as hipsters.

Hipsters are a sub culture of people who deviate from the norm, but in doing so end up being or looking like everyone else in the hipster movement.

Look out for:

Ironic or excessive tattoos e.g

Anchors or mermaids

Guardian reading

Beards

Trainers that look naff but cost a fortune

Ironic or retro accessories e.g. nintendo gameboy necklace

Skinny jeans or whatevers in hipster fashion

Music not in the charts on ipod or clutching some obscure 45 from a band youve never heard of

Organic foods or anything trendy seen in underground press

Drinks micro brewery real ale, artisan ciders

Middle class or upper class

Lives in hoxton if in london

Sheffield is a bit behind but the hipster areas in sheffield are: sharrow lane or about, heeley, meersbrook, nether edge, any edgy council estate.

Edited by TJC1

This is about the only non idiotic reply on this thread!

I could identify clothes hipsters like, literature hipsters like, bicycles hipsters like, food hipsters like, beer hipsters like but other than preferring music on vinyl, I couldn't tell you what music hipsters like.

What an ugly bunch! My Godson thinks he's a hipster- but he can't even grow "bum fluff" yet .God bless him .

I laugh my head off every time I read the Homer Simpson quote .