Whole family off to Syria.

Well as long as they stay there and don't come back obviously.

.....:thumbsup:

Hopefully they wont come back and they all live happily in the desert together.

Generations of a whole family are reported to have moved to the caliphate. Bye bye. Don't let the door hit your bum on the way out.

:hihi:

is anyone interested in contributing to a fund to pay for one way tickets for this sort of person? definitely no returns and passport and citizenship papers surrendered on the way out!!

is anyone interested in contributing to a fund to pay for one way tickets for this sort of person?
Errr...not really: why should I pay for them, when they can obviously pay for it themselves and contribute at least VAT to the UK coffers before exiting the country? ;)

For those that don't have the money, I pay enough tax already for MI5 and the Border Agency to take care of business at their budgetary expense.

I will however entertain a petition to confiscate any and all UK assets left behind (tangibles and intangibles: property, cars, shares, pensions, etc.) and dispose of them for helping to fund anti-terror efforts (or simply the UK's balance sheet). But only after the departed are proven beyond any doubt to have gone there, though, and as the outcome of a judicial system and decision independent of the executive, in the name of due process and balance.

Seized or withdrawn/withheld passports of the departed could also be bundled into some form of 'fast-track lottery' benefitting genuine asylum seekers, e.g. in a proportion of 2 or 3 for 1 (for every 2 or 3 UK passport holders gone to IS, grant leave to remain fast-track to 1 asylum seeker...so he or she can start making a better life for themselves and in the process contribute to the UK socio-economic development earlier).

Edited by L00b

Errr...not really: why should I pay for them, when they can obviously pay for it themselves and contribute at least VAT to the UK coffers before exiting the country? ;)

No VAT on flights unfortunately.

I will however entertain a petition to confiscate any and all UK assets left behind (tangibles and intangibles: property, cars, shares, pensions, etc.) for helping to fund anti-terror efforts (or simply the UK's balance sheet). But only after the departed are proven beyond any doubt to have gone there, though, and as the outcome of a judicial system and decision independent of the executive, in the name of due process and balance.

Sensible idea.

No VAT on flights unfortunately.
Ah well...goes to show how long it's been since I booked my own flights :blush: Blame my ignorance on Mrs L00b and my secretary :D

Sensible idea.
Thank you kindly. I do have my moments, and have even been known to be of some use ;) Edited by L00b

What I'm wondering is where are all these people staying when they get there? Is there some kind of hostel system? Are they just turning up at the border and asking for free board and lodgings? What do ISIS gain by having a load of old folks and little kids to support?

What I'm wondering is where are all these people staying when they get there? Is there some kind of hostel system? Are they just turning up at the border and asking for free board and lodgings? What do ISIS gain by having a load of old folks and little kids to support?
Considering IS' methods of religious cleansing and, generally, of population control and administration, there is no shortage of vacant properties in reasonably good repair and associated land to toil in IS-held territories.

I suppose if you have someone's kids you have a certain amount of leverage over them..

Offering asylum to their fellow Muslims doesn't need to be for personal gain, and it will secure them a place in paradise.

You can get a family of four quite easily into a captured Humvee. Just think of it as the ISIS equivalent of a Winnebago camper

Accommodation sorted then! How are they sustaining themselves do you reckon?