Whole family off to Syria.

Please expand on this. What do you think should happen to her?
Refer earlier posts, H.

Her kids are welcome back as wards of the State (or Court). She can stay in the Turkish prison system, and fight her way out on her own (or IS's) resources. Her choice to go there, her responsibility to face the consequences of her actions.

It's no different in principle, to the alternative situations wherein she would have smuggled hard drugs or weapons, or committed any other crime, in Turkey, all punishable under Turkish legislation. Leaving Turkey to join IS is a crime in Turkey, btw, same as illegally entering Turkey from Syria or wherever else (until such time as qualified as a refugee/asylum seeker - which she wasn't).

The UK is under no duty or obligation to help her get out, nor to waste resources seeking her extradition.

The message of her arrest at Luton is that it's OK for someone to have a go leaving here to join IS, they'll still manage to come back here in the end even if they get caught over there. I'm just waiting for the HR solicitors to get her off now, at which time the farce will be complete. With additional egg on faces if it turns out it's all at the taxpayers' expense (British consular services time and resources, repatriation flight from Turkey, processing on British soil, proceedings defended under Legal Aid).

Edited by L00b

Please expand on this. What do you think should happen to her?

as a general rule of thumb i'd say consult someone like you and then do the opposite.

I think she should be watched over by social services and her kids be made ward of courts (they didn't choose to go there) so in all fairness the kids will have some protection from this happening again. btw halibut what do you think should happen to her :suspect:

I think your response is the one closest to what I think, remarkably.

The welfare of the children must come first; the wards of court idea is a good one and that way they can remain with their mother but still be closely supervised.

Refer earlier posts, H.

She can stay in the Turkish prison system, and fight her way out on her own (or IS's) resources. No different to the alternative case of having smuggled hard drugs or weapons, or committed any other crime, in Turkey, all punishable under Turkish legislation. Leaving Turkey to join IS is a crime in Turkey, btw, same as illegally entering Turkey from Syria or wherever else (until such time as qualified as a refugee/asylum seeker - which she wasn't).

The UK is under no duty or obligation to help her get out, nor to waste resources seeking her extradition.

Her kids are welcome back as wards of the State (or Court).

The message of her arrest at Luton is that it's OK for someone to have a go leaving here to join IS, they'll still manage to come back here in the end even if they get caught over there. I'm just waiting for the HR solicitors to get her off now, at which time the farce will be complete. With additional egg on faces if it turns out it's all at the taxpayers' expense (British consular services time and resources, repatriation flight from Turkey, processing on British soil, proceedings defended under Legal Aid).

and more importantly what proportion of british muslims feel an affiliation to is and haven't travelled out to join the murderous band?

I think your response is the one closest to what I think, remarkably.

The welfare of the children must come first; the wards of court idea is a good one and that way they can remain with their mother but still be closely supervised.

I'm just wondering, who's going to do the 'close supervising'....Police?...Social Services?...Someone else?

How long will this supervision go on for? A week?..A month?...Six months?...Ten years?....

Oh, and who's going to 'pay' for this close supervision?

The whole scenario creates more questions and problems than it solves.

Oh!...And another thing occurs to me. What will this woman be teaching the kids, while they're all 'closely supervised'?

and more importantly what proportion of british muslims feel an affiliation to is and haven't travelled out to join the murderous band?
I'm not bothered about prosecuting thought crimes.

I am bothered about (the Gvt-) doing acts which send clear and cogent messages, however, whilst safeguarding the common interests of the British public, in terms so much of internal safety as of public resources management.

Insofar as British families leaving to join IS are concerned, that message should be elementarily simple: if you leave to join IS, you'll be on your own, you'll cease to be British for official purposes, and you'll never be allowed back.

Those that are found to have smuggled themselves back into the UK can either be dropped back off in Syria, or made to count penguins on the Falklands in perpetuity.

Edited by L00b

I'm just wondering, who's going to do the 'close supervising'....Police?...Social Services?...Someone else?

How long will this supervision go on for? A week?..A month?...Six months?...Ten years?....

Oh!...And another thing occurs to me. What will this woman be teaching the kids, while they're all 'closely supervised'?

correct in a nutshell. the woman isn't fit to be left to radicalize her kids. it is one thing bringing them back to the uk, quite another bringing her back. if she has broken any laws in turkey it is up to them whether they jail her, return her so that we can jail her or deliver her over to syria, either to is or those they consider the legitimate government.

Edited by drummonds

this type of thinking goes clearly over the heads of people like halibut/etc they think this country regardless of cuts happening have an endless pot of money set aside :roll:

I think a lot of people have spare capacity in their homes and the government should set a site up if they want to give a family from Syria a home till they can settle.

I wonder how many of the let them all in brigade would sign up.

this type of thinking goes clearly over the heads of people like halibut/etc they think this country regardless of cuts happening have an endless pot of money set aside :roll:

Wasn't H agreeing with your idea?

Wasn't H agreeing with your idea?

he was yes but I was replying to petes post about the cost, and if you look through his previous posts money seems to be no object when it comes to halibuts saving the world campaign:roll: I wonder why you haven't taken him to task about this :huh:

he was yes but I was replying to petes post about the cost, and if you look through his previous posts money seems to be no object when it comes to halibuts saving the world campaign:roll: I wonder why you haven't taken him to task about this :huh:

Always bleating about money. There's plenty of money; we spend 2 billion quid a year on Trident.