NHS should prescribe the unemployed money and double dole to pregnant

Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, there is nothing to help single people or older couples without children who are on low wages. I think the cut off point for tax credits is if you earn over about £11,000. Not much in today's world.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure someone will let me know if I am...

Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, there is nothing to help single people or older couples without children who are on low wages. I think the cut off point for tax credits is if you earn over about £11,000. Not much in today's world.

I think you're right.

It arises from the sense that children are defenceless and blameless, and therefore more worthy of compassion that adults.

It's unfortunate that we don't have a way to support the children of the unworthy without also supporting them.

If we weren't spending so much on those who unwisely had children they can't support, we could be more generous to those who did not make that mistake.

Like I said before, we've created a perverse incentive to have children one can't support.

i agree the children are the blameless ones and deserve the compassion, to combat the fraud we should issue vouchers for the esentials that can only be used in specified and monitered shops. then at certain times the children get special vouchers for special occasions christmas, birthdays etc. no actual cash should ever be handed out in welfare it should all be done on vouchers and ration books.

watch the rates of claimants drop.

I think a single person (or a couple) on low wages can claim some tax credits actually. Only a small amount, but it is still available.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tax-credits-entitlement-tables-working-and-have-no-children/tax-credits-entitlement-tables-working-and-have-no-children

Edited by Leah-Lacie

i agree the children are the blameless ones and deserve the compassion, to combat the fraud we should issue vouchers for the esentials that can only be used in specified and monitered shops. then at certain times the children get special vouchers for special occasions christmas, birthdays etc. no actual cash should ever be handed out in welfare it should all be done on vouchers and ration books.

watch the rates of claimants drop.

I've actually thought about this. Other countries have tried it.

I think that it's very difficult to prevent a black market in these vouchers emerging.

I have a counter-suggestion.

How about requiring those on child based benefits to present receipts showing that at least a good fraction of those benefits have been spent on the child.

The problem with all of these ideas is that the only reasonable sanction for those who abuse child based benefits is to take their children into care and we don't seem to be capable as a society of running a child care system in which the children are reliably safe and well cared for.

Quite simply.

The NHS should prescribe the unemployed money and double dole to pregnant unemployed people.

Not least because it is the right thing to do for people's health, but also in order to save money in the long run and for the sake of the economy in the long term, the NHS should prescribe 'dole'. Cash payments.

The sanctioning regime, and treatment of the disabled etc. is causing serious health problems in the population, and even leading to people becoming disabled, it has caused many suicides too. Mental health problems are being bred by a quite frankly evil draconian and punishing social security system.

We ought to be moving towards a citizens income. And although we need to encourage employment, there is a tried and tested mechanism for this purpose that has been shown to work, known as 'decent wages' and 'employment contracts'.

Pregnant women ought to get double payments from the NHS. They carry the life of two, they are twice as important. Simple.

Silly Billy

Quite simply.

The NHS should prescribe the unemployed money and double dole to pregnant unemployed people.

Not least because it is the right thing to do for people's health, but also in order to save money in the long run and for the sake of the economy in the long term, the NHS should prescribe 'dole'. Cash payments.

The sanctioning regime, and treatment of the disabled etc. is causing serious health problems in the population, and even leading to people becoming disabled, it has caused many suicides too. Mental health problems are being bred by a quite frankly evil draconian and punishing social security system.

We ought to be moving towards a citizens income. And although we need to encourage employment, there is a tried and tested mechanism for this purpose that has been shown to work, known as 'decent wages' and 'employment contracts'.

Pregnant women ought to get double payments from the NHS. They carry the life of two, they are twice as important. Simple.

I'm really chuffed that I found Sheffield Forums. If you are feeling a little down and a bit fed up log onto the SF site. There are some brilliant comedians on here, the above post gave me a right giggle. I can only assume the poster was taking the micky, been out on the ale, had a smoke of somethingorother, banged their head on summat hard or is simply trolling.

But please keep on posting, don't be put off by negative posters like myself. In my mundane life, posts like the above are great therapy. Thank You.

Angel1.

I'm really chuffed that I found Sheffield Forums. If you are feeling a little down and a bit fed up log onto the SF site. There are some brilliant comedians on here, the above post gave me a right giggle. I can only assume the poster was taking the micky, been out on the ale, had a smoke of somethingorother, banged their head on summat hard or is simply trolling.

But please keep on posting, don't be put off by negative posters like myself. In my mundane life, posts like the above are great therapy. Thank You.

Angel1.

I used to really enjoy the posts by Sue's Budgie they were true masterpieces.

Angel1.

Let's hope he comes up with a cracker tonight.... I do hope he takes the same drugs.