NHS should prescribe the unemployed money and double dole to pregnant

Quite simply.

The NHS should prescribe the unemployed money and double dole to pregnant unemployed people.

Not least because it is the right thing to do for people's health, but also in order to save money in the long run and for the sake of the economy in the long term, the NHS should prescribe 'dole'. Cash payments.

The sanctioning regime, and treatment of the disabled etc. is causing serious health problems in the population, and even leading to people becoming disabled, it has caused many suicides too. Mental health problems are being bred by a quite frankly evil draconian and punishing social security system.

We ought to be moving towards a citizens income. And although we need to encourage employment, there is a tried and tested mechanism for this purpose that has been shown to work, known as 'decent wages' and 'employment contracts'.

Pregnant women ought to get double payments from the NHS. They carry the life of two, they are twice as important. Simple.

What have you been smoking? :loopy:

Where would this money be coming from exactly? Personally from what I can see the long term unemployed are getting far too much benefits already and a baby born into the benefits system is just another way of boosting the free money that they already receive.

So how will it work then? They trundle off to their doctor (which is free on the NHS) complain of stress due to lack of money (which basically means that their iphone or big tv needs upgrading) and then the doctor gives them a prescription (free again) for some money to spend and make them feel better!

......... and of course having had all this extra free money to make them feel better do you actually think that it will inspire them to get off their arses and get jobs? Double the young girls money when their pregnant and there would be an epidemic :rolleyes:

Where do people get the idea that the long term unemployed are a) a large group of people, b) get a large amount of money?

Or indeed c) that increased benefits would cause many more people to choose this as a lifestyle.

Quite simply.

The NHS should prescribe the unemployed money and double dole to pregnant unemployed people.

Not least because it is the right thing to do for people's health, but also in order to save money in the long run and for the sake of the economy in the long term, the NHS should prescribe 'dole'. Cash payments.

The sanctioning regime, and treatment of the disabled etc. is causing serious health problems in the population, and even leading to people becoming disabled, it has caused many suicides too. Mental health problems are being bred by a quite frankly evil draconian and punishing social security system.

We ought to be moving towards a citizens income. And although we need to encourage employment, there is a tried and tested mechanism for this purpose that has been shown to work, known as 'decent wages' and 'employment contracts'.

Pregnant women ought to get double payments from the NHS. They carry the life of two, they are twice as important. Simple.

Its better for the health and well being if they are given something to do.

Where do people get the idea that the long term unemployed are a) a large group of people, b) get a large amount of money?

Or indeed c) that increased benefits would cause many more people to choose this as a lifestyle.

Lol. This has brightened my day up.

of course CHEMIST1 the funding comes from the magic fairy tree at the bottom of the garden?? eh lots of people seem to think there is one so youre not alone:loopy::loopy::loopy:

If the long term costs to the NHS drop (because people who are poor have poorer health and require more treatment) then it's a self funding proposal.

The case would need to be proven of course, I've no idea if it is or isn't.

Isn't the total UK welfare bill about £200b?

That's out of a budget of about £750b?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/330717/PESA_2014_-_print.pdf (page 18)

Edited by unbeliever
Corrected M to b in spending figures.

I think if you replace "million" with "billion" you may be somewhere near...

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_welfare_spending_40.html

Quite right. Sorry. The link is correct I just typed the figures wrong. Will correct.

---------- Post added 25-06-2015 at 11:05 ----------

If the long term costs to the NHS drop (because people who are poor have poorer health and require more treatment) then it's a self funding proposal.

The case would need to be proven of course, I've no idea if it is or isn't.

I get a warm feeling like anybody else that a lot of the tax I pay goes to help the needy but there has to be a limit.

I think it's dangerous to add to the perverse incentive that child tax credit already creates.