Wheat free dog biscuits.

Hi can anyone recommend a wheat free dog biscuit or mixer my lab cannot stomach wheat and at the moment the only dog biscuits that seem to suit him is Bob Martin vet care and the only place that I have seen it on sale is our local Morrisons.

Pretty much all of the 'premium' brands do at least one without wheat, but they will involve ordering online or asking a pet shop to buy it in for you rather than buying from a supermarket.

Burns don't include wheat in any of theirs (I don't think) and I know that Arden Grange have at least one without. They tend to include rice, maize, sweet potato or potato as the carbohydrate content.

I'm sure that others will have brands they can recommend, but I can't recommend anything personally as Molly is raw fed because she can't tolerate any of the processed food that we tried her on.

I hope you find something that suits your dog soon :)

Hi can anyone recommend a wheat free dog biscuit or mixer my lab cannot stomach wheat and at the moment the only dog biscuits that seem to suit him is Bob Martin vet care and the only place that I have seen it on sale is our local Morrisons.

If you search for a company called 'Oscar', there is a franchise in Worrall that does free delivery for quite a few places around here (not sure where you are), and they do a range of wheat free foods and treats.

They will come out and discuss your dogs requirements and help you with any questions/queries you have, and they aren't expensive either.

My neighbours collie started having fits last year and they were advised to look into his diet, so contacted Oscar, and so far things are looking good so fingers crossed.

We sell James Wellbeloved Crackerjacks and Minijacks biscuits in various flavours at our shop, which are wheat free.

Pet Company, 974-974 Abbeydale Road, Millhouses, S7 2QF, 0114 262 0370

---------- Post added 11-06-2015 at 10:09 ----------

Oops, I read it as treat biscuits!

We stock loads of wheat free complete dog biscuits, including Simpsons Premium, Natural Dog Food and Wafcol Salmon & Potato.

We also do Burns Hypoallergenic Mixer biscuits which are wheat free.

If you'd like to come down to the shop sometime, we can show you what we have and if you want something we don't stock, we can usually order it in for you within a few days.

We're open 7 days a week, 9am-6pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.

Pet Company, 974-974 Abbeydale Road, Millhouses, S7 2QF, 0114 262 0370

Wainrights at Pets at Home are wheat free, there are potato and rice options.

Reasonable price and easy to get hold of, been feeding our dog it for years no as she doesn't do well with wheat either and it's been absolutely fine.

I second wainwrights..

My poochies love them

+1 for Oscars, if there is a franchisee in your area (there are three in the Sheffield area) they will be happy to come out and talk to you about your dogs nutritional needs. If there isn't a franchisee then Oscar Direct can still give you nutritional advice and arrange delivery to you.

http://www.oscar.co.uk 08001958000

Do dogs actually need biscuits? Maybe not - see here. I give mine dried fish skin (aka sea jerky) and as well as being low calorie and full of omega oils it helps to keep their teeth clean too because it is so crunchy. You cannot say the same for biscuit, wheat free or not.