Cloughs future at SUFC

canadablade

Jim Phipps on facebook saying all the right things as usual , He truly is a breath of fresh air as a Chairman listening to what the fans have to say.

They are looking into everything the fans have had to say and know the fans are looking at the board to see what the way forward will be.

They are going to meet over the next few days and weeks and will say something more when they are ready , what he can say with 100% certainty is that they are committed to the club.

Jim Phipps on facebook saying all the right things as usual , He truly is a breath of fresh air as a Chairman listening to what the fans have to say.

They are looking into everything the fans have had to say and know the fans are looking at the board to see what the way forward will be.

They are going to meet over the next few days and weeks and will say something more when they are ready , what he can say with 100% certainty is that they are committed to the club.

Another nowt message from the mad Mormon then, about par for course!

Is that like when a manager gets the vote of confidence from the board

It's always a difficult one is the tenancy of a football manager.

The problem being is that we always associate the size of a club by the size of the ground and therefore expect our clubs to be in a better position, as we say "They come to our ground these little clubs and it must be like playing a Wembley for them. We are arrogant about our clubs with absolutely no foundation for being so (One major trophy win between both clubs in 80 years!!!) One in the old second division,one in the old third division.

We are a big city, with very little to shout about football wise.

Why should we expect success? We never get it!

So, the managers jobs are precarious as soon as they take office, the expectation from every supporter is huge, but the realisation is that we just arn't very good at football.

I'd forgotten about Weir! Lord above he took them close to, if not the bottom didn't he?

The very bottom Billy, fastest drop from very top to very bottom in the new leagues history i gather...:(

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 18:11 ----------

It's always a difficult one is the tenancy of a football manager.

The problem being is that we always associate the size of a club by the size of the ground and therefore expect our clubs to be in a better position, as we say "They come to our ground these little clubs and it must be like playing a Wembley for them. We are arrogant about our clubs with absolutely no foundation for being so (One major trophy win between both clubs in 80 years!!!) One in the old second division,one in the old third division.

We are a big city, with very little to shout about football wise.

Why should we expect success? We never get it!

So, the managers jobs are precarious as soon as they take office, the expectation from every supporter is huge, but the realisation is that we just arn't very good at football.

Spot on post there Billy....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

They can't sack clough, utd are nailed on for auto next year.

Nowt special coming up, blackpool, wigan or millwall? Well blackpool could and probably will go down again, wigan mmmmmm maybe a threat, millwall mid table.

brizzle, mk, and probably preston out of the equation.

2 decent centre backs and you'll nail it, and if you can't next season I don't think you'll have a better chance, its the perfect storm but in your favour.

Blades need to make their mind up 1st Weir was the messiah then in Nige we trust, if they replace him I hope they go for Lee Clark.:hihi:

Hmm Wier, wasn't he recommended by ex player Julian Winter during his most recent stay at SUFC, despite working at SWFC for maybe 5 years or so around 2000-05.

Another 'Agent' maybe?:)

At first I liked Jim Phipps or at least I thought I did but the truth of the matter is that looking back now maybe I was more in awe with the new transparency that the club have been showing via Jim Phipps.

The other week however flipped this on the head as far as I am concerned. After United had a bad run and were finally destined for the play-offs, the fans took to twitter to show disappointment and question the negative tactics that Nigel had employed in games. Jim's reply as I interpreted it was that he was disgusted that the fans were upset and to question just how loyal the fans actually were to the club which for me is ridiculous considering he has only been around the place for a couple of years in comparison to fans who have shelled out thick and thin for decades.