Strange and mysterious happenings!

You would feel the same with acupuncture but after a few sessions the pain goes for good !

I keep meaning to try it.

I keep meaning to try it.

It's expensive but works.

Here's a mystery totally without explanation.

My wife (gently, as I'm delicate)threw a pile of socks at me to pair up.

There were 12 single ones (all left foot) the right ones are not to be found.

Where do they go?

Explanation Alcoblog

Yeah, pretty easy this one actually … basically your wife is using knock off washing powder designed for the southern hemisphere.

You see, in the northern hemisphere, water goes down the plughole/drain in a clockwise direction and washing powders are designed to compensate for this by producing an equal force in the opposite direction. Thus, a state of equilibrium ('stasis', if you will) is created inside the washing machine, allowing for trouble free laundering of soiled fabrics, be they left or right handed.

By using southern hemisphere/right handed washing powder, all sorts of mayhem ensues and the very fabric (no pun) of space and time goes all doolalley! Either anything left handed just vanishes, or, in extreme cases, centipetal force is created which can cause the entire contents, end even the washing machine to go missing!

This was proven in 1943 in Philadelphia, when the US navy used right handed Daz Ultra Brite washing powder on board the USS Eldridge in a clandestine experiment to speed up the No4 cycle of navy uniform laundering … the entire ship disappeared!

Not to be deterred, the navy took advantage of this, shortly after inventing the appropriately named 'Dazzle Ships' and painting them all stripey just to make them easily stand out like a sore thumb.

So basically, your wife is using southern hemisphere washing powder which causes the 'double right clockwise' effect, causing all right handed socks (or any other paired garment for that matter) to either vanish, or go down the drain double speed, double clockwise. Hence, no right socks!

Under no circumstances use the right handed washing powder any more … it's not beyond the realm of reason to see that your house is at risk of vanishing, let alone a few socks!

Easily explained by logic. :cool:

Yeah, pretty easy this one actually … basically your wife is using knock off washing powder designed for the southern hemisphere.

You see, in the northern hemisphere, water goes down the plughole/drain in a clockwise direction and washing powders are designed to compensate for this by producing an equal force in the opposite direction. Thus, a state of equilibrium ('stasis', if you will) is created inside the washing machine, allowing for trouble free laundering of soiled fabrics, be they left or right handed.

By using southern hemisphere/right handed washing powder, all sorts of mayhem ensues and the very fabric (no pun) of space and time goes all doolalley! Either anything left handed just vanishes, or, in extreme cases, centipetal force is created which can cause the entire contents, end even the washing machine to go missing!

This was proven in 1943 in Philadelphia, when the US navy used right handed Daz Ultra Brite washing powder on board the USS Eldridge in a clandestine experiment to speed up the No4 cycle of navy uniform laundering … the entire ship disappeared!

Not to be deterred, the navy took advantage of this, shortly after inventing the appropriately named 'Dazzle Ships' and painting them all stripey just to make them easily stand out like a sore thumb.

So basically, your wife is using southern hemisphere washing powder which causes the 'double right clockwise' effect, causing all right handed socks (or any other paired garment for that matter) to either vanish, or go down the drain double speed, double clockwise. Hence, no right socks!

Under no circumstances use the right handed washing powder any more … it's not beyond the realm of reason to see that your house is at risk of vanishing, let alone a few socks!

:huh:

now why did"nt I think of that. pretty obvious I suppose.

Hmmm...

... I suppose that would also explain the mystery of why very few people who live on the Equator wear socks? :confused:

I knew I could rely on you for a logical explanation.

Women eh, you just can't trust them:roll:

Saw it again last Thursday the 15th, a Dakota no engine noise, flying over Chatsworth.

Come on then, somebody else must have seen it at sometime

Me and the Mrs saw it last week at Chatsworth. Not sure whether it was Wednesday or Thursday. We were just approaching the bridge over the river before you get to the car park. It crossed the road in front of us flying so low that I thought it was going to crash land.

Now you mention it, I can't remember any noise. Spooky. :confused:

Hi all. Not sure this is in the true spirit of this discussion, but it is something strange that is happening right now which I could use some advice on.

To set the scene, we own a 14 year old dog who, after TPLO surgery in both rear knees when younger, now has mobility issues and went completely blind about a year ago. As such he doesn’t go out too much and tends to keep himself to lounge/kitchen/garden.

On Sunday night I was awakened at 1:30am by a noise upstairs. Went out the bedroom to find the dog next door in the bathroom ‘staring’ (for want of a better word) at the toilet. This is strange as he hasn’t been upstairs at all since he went blind. And can barely muster the energy to jump up on the couch these days. Anyway I had to carefully guide him back downstairs as didn’t want him to fall down. Thought no more of it.

Monday night comes and I am woken again by banging and crashing. The dog is upstairs again in the bathroom. This time he’s managed to shut the door on himself and is obviously distressed. So again I guide him back downstairs and, this time, put the laundry basket across the bottom of the stairs so he can’t get back up.

Now last night… 2:15am and guess what? Yes… the dog is in the bathroom AGAIN! I can’t believe this. The laundry basket is still in place at the bottom of the stairs, covering approx. 80% of the area and only leaving a thin space on either side which he could have snuck thru. The dog is a staffie so not very lithe and, as mentioned, both totally blind and really weak in the back end. So the first question is ‘how?’ but what kept me awake the rest of the night is ‘why?’.

I am acutely aware that, if I was in a film, these would be ‘signs’. However, the house is new. We are the first in. So, unless my other half is a secret acid bath murderer, I’m fairly sure no-one has died there. It is not on an Indian burial site but rather the site of an old bus depot not far from Barnsley town centre. So basically I’m ruling out legacy haunting here. If it was a sci-fi movie it could be aliens I guess. Are aliens experimenting on my dog?

But moving to more rational explanations… it’s definitely not as tho the bathroom, upstairs with its wooden floor, is cooler than the kitchen with the tiles. I could possibly believe the warm weather is wafting something up from the drains which, while undetectable to us, is not to him. But we have a downstairs toilet so surely that would be his first point of investigation? Which only leaves the depressing… is he not well and coming up looking for us? In which case why the bathroom? Or is there something deeper? I know cats wander off to die somewhere away from the family. Given the fact the bathroom is once place he’s never really been ion the house… is he staking out his final resting spot?

Before I go out and buy a baby gate only to not need it a couple of days later, any (considered) thoughts would be appreciated.

Me and the Mrs saw it last week at Chatsworth. Not sure whether it was Wednesday or Thursday. We were just approaching the bridge over the river before you get to the car park. It crossed the road in front of us flying so low that I thought it was going to crash land.

Now you mention it, I can't remember any noise. Spooky. :confused:

Hi Jim and thanks for that !

2nd time I have seen it, last time about 3 years ago, flying that time in the opposite direction

It was last Thursday we saw it at Chatsworth and I had the wife's cousin with me who also saw it.

I know of 2 ex work pals who have also seen it.

Yes, spooky and more than a bit confused

When I saw it 3 years ago it suddenly dived straight into the ground and of course I waited for the noise of the crash and the resulting flames etc but nothing !!

Hi Jim and thanks for that !

2nd time I have seen it, last time about 3 years ago, flying that time in the opposite direction

It was last Thursday we saw it at Chatsworth and I had the wife's cousin with me who also saw it.

I know of 2 ex work pals who have also seen it.

Yes, spooky and more than a bit confused

When I saw it 3 years ago it suddenly dived straight into the ground and of course I waited for the noise of the crash and the resulting flames etc but nothing !!

I believe you! :thumbsup:

I recently saw the ghost of the USS Enterprise circling over T'Asda on T'Cross. It circled for what seemed five minutes, but in reality, maybe only four and a half, four and three quarters at a push … maybe a tad more.

All of a sudden Spock ghost and Kirk ghost beamed down into t'fruit and veg aisle, picked up some spring onions and a banana, then, and I kid you not … de-materialised without even paying! What a fine how-do-you-do, I thought to myself. Next thing, ghost NCC 1701 shoots off at warp 1.5 in a semi-iridescent spooky way! :o

If anyone else sees this, please let me know as I plan to give chase in the Alcocopterâ„¢.

hmmm.

very interesting alco. a few days ago someone on another thread posted that he"d seen flashing red lights over parson cross, (looking from grenoside) could be a connection, personally, I use the said asda quite often and not seen anything unusual. apart from the odd klingon lookalike.

I believe you! :thumbsup:

I recently saw the ghost of the USS Enterprise circling over T'Asda on T'Cross. It circled for what seemed five minutes, but in reality, maybe only four and a half, four and three quarters at a push … maybe a tad more.

All of a sudden Spock ghost and Kirk ghost beamed down into t'fruit and veg aisle, picked up some spring onions and a banana, then, and I kid you not … de-materialised without even paying! What a fine how-do-you-do, I thought to myself. Next thing, ghost NCC 1701 shoots off at warp 1.5 in a semi-iridescent spooky way! :o

If anyone else sees this, please let me know as I plan to give chase in the Alcocopterâ„¢.

I am not amused !!

You are with out doubt the biggest fool on this forum.