Sheffield political things

Would that be the same Trussell Trust that charges community churches and voluntary groups for setting up their "branded" food bank.

The same Trussell Trust who charges £10k - £18k a year to such operators as their so called "small annual donation"

The same Trussell Trust who strictly insist on the operators to use their "branding", preferred suppliers and operational procedures.

The same Trussell Trust who have a wealth of very tidy links with the government and have been criticised of encouraging people to use their food banks rather than supermarkets. Whether or not they strictly need them.

A nice little profit is being made by someone.

Praise them all you want. Personally, you know what I think of the Trussell Trust. A4E part 2.

Tick tock tick tock.....

Well said, beat me to it

No, it's who who are parroting others' nonsense.

If children do go to bed hungry, and I doubt that it has to happen often, maybe their parents could:

a. have fewer; and/or

b. drink and gamble less; and/or

c. not be absent parents?

Yes, we can feel sorry for such children- but the major blame lies at home and not with MPs.

I agree Jeffrey. I have often had this discussion with people when they say they can't afford something or its ok for us as we are sitting comfy. When you get down to the details these people have often earned far more money than us but just chosen to spend it differently. Cost of living, wages and house prices were worse in this area when I bought my first house back in 1985. People have different expectations of how they should live and spend their money now.

Going back to my post earlier in the thread.....here are the headlines of each manifesto in a summary table format if you want to compare political parties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/manifesto-guide

Would that be the same Trussell Trust that charges community churches and voluntary groups for setting up their "branded" food bank.

The same Trussell Trust who charges £10k - £18k a year to such operators as their so called "small annual donation"

The same Trussell Trust who strictly insist on the operators to use their "branding", preferred suppliers and operational procedures.

The same Trussell Trust who have a wealth of very tidy links with the government and have been criticised of encouraging people to use their food banks rather than supermarkets. Whether or not they strictly need them.

A nice little profit is being made by someone.

Praise them all you want. Personally, you know what I think of the Trussell Trust. A4E part 2.

Tick tock tick tock.....

Please read the below statement that clarifies how The Trussell Trust Foodbank Network works:

When a foodbank joins The Trussell Trust network we ask them to make a contribution to help offset the cost of the resources, training, goods and services that the foodbank receives from The Trussell Trust in return. The cost to The Trussell Trust of helping to start a new foodbank is higher than the contribution that the foodbank makes to The Trussell Trust. The Trussell Trust also provides ongoing support, services, training and resources to foodbanks every year. To help offset these costs we ask foodbanks to contribute £1,500 during the first year and £360 each subsequent year, for which the foodbanks receive substantially more than they contribute financially.

Last year, Trussell Trust fundraising and CSR partnerships enabled The Trussell Trust to give its foodbanks cash grants and in-kind goods which totalled double the amount that foodbanks contributed financially to the charity. This is in addition to the resources, support and services they receive through being part of the Foodbank Network.

When a foodbank joins The Trussell Trust it receives far more in return than what it contributes. A new foodbank joining The Trussell Trust will receive: full training and ongoing support from a regional Trussell Trust officer; an operating manual; a tailored website with CMS for the foodbank; bespoke artwork and marketing materials for the new foodbank; an online data system to monitor foodbank use and food donations; support from The Trussell Trust’s national team with IT, PR, corporate relations etc, along with more.

The Trussell Trust provides annual quality assurance audits to foodbanks, as well as ongoing support from regional officers and national support team. It also gives cash grants and in-kind goods to foodbanks.

The Trussell Trust aims to use our experience and expertise to help a local community to start, and then continue to provide, a quality service to help stop people going hungry.

Ros Duerden from Blackburn foodbank says:

‘The benefits of being part of The Trussell Trust’s network are worth far more than what you contribute as a foodbank. It’s cheap as chips for what we get from Trussell Trust. I’d pay the contribution just for the support of the Regional Development Officer alone.’

As a network, Trussell Trust foodbanks help stop people going hungry by providing emergency food and support to people in crisis, as well as highlighting the problem of UK hunger nationally to encourage greater action against food poverty.

Regards,

Anne Danks

Northern England Manager, The Trussell Trust

Glad you posted the facts Anne Danks. We, via or company CTS Environmental, donated £200 to the Trussell Trust Foodbank at Christmas. The other posts made me wonder if we had done the right thing.

Clegg is a cynical, deceitful career politician. His actions at the last election and since then have probably done more to put people off politics than anyone else.

I don't know Coppard but he sound. as if he has his heart in the right place. He is best placed to give Clegg in particular and politicians in general a black eye.

They need to see you can't keep trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and taking them for granted. The Lib-Dems have propped up the Tories for 5 years in government. The Tories are ok, if you plan never to be ill, lose your job, rely on public services, the Police, Fire, NHS, local schools and you don't believe in Society. A defeat for Clegg would be defeat for all those toads who take the electorate for granted. Effectively, a vote for the Lib-Dems is a vote for the Tories. Fine if that is what you want. If you don't, don't vote Lib-Dem.

Clegg is a cynical, deceitful career politician. His actions at the last election and since then have probably done more to put people off politics than anyone else.

I don't know Coppard but he sound. as if he has his heart in the right place. He is best placed to give Clegg in particular and politicians in general a black eye.

They need to see you can't keep trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and taking them for granted. The Lib-Dems have propped up the Tories for 5 years in government. The Tories are ok, if you plan never to be ill, lose your job, rely on public services, the Police, Fire, NHS, local schools and you don't believe in Society. A defeat for Clegg would be defeat for all those toads who take the electorate for granted. Effectively, a vote for the Lib-Dems is a vote for the Tories. Fine if that is what you want. If you don't, don't vote Lib-Dem.

The slagging of the Lib Dems greatly amuses me. They had a choice at the last election of going into government and getting some of their policies implemented or seeing their arse and getting nothing at all implemented. Many people it seems believe they should have taken the second option, they would literally prefer to have nothing apparently to make some sort of moral point. Utterly ridiculous.

As for Labour, if they get back in they'll set about finishing the job of ruining the economy. See how your "Society" looks then when there's no bleeding money to pay for anything whatsoever.

Well said, beat me to it

Does it make you and ECCOnoob feel big then? Libelling a charity? Wow, tough guy! Wish I was like you!

---------- Post added 04-05-2015 at 07:29 ----------

Please read the below statement that clarifies how The Trussell Trust Foodbank Network works:

When a foodbank joins The Trussell Trust network we ask them to make a contribution to help offset the cost of the resources, training, goods and services that the foodbank receives from The Trussell Trust in return. The cost to The Trussell Trust of helping to start a new foodbank is higher than the contribution that the foodbank makes to The Trussell Trust. The Trussell Trust also provides ongoing support, services, training and resources to foodbanks every year. To help offset these costs we ask foodbanks to contribute £1,500 during the first year and £360 each subsequent year, for which the foodbanks receive substantially more than they contribute financially.

Last year, Trussell Trust fundraising and CSR partnerships enabled The Trussell Trust to give its foodbanks cash grants and in-kind goods which totalled double the amount that foodbanks contributed financially to the charity. This is in addition to the resources, support and services they receive through being part of the Foodbank Network.

When a foodbank joins The Trussell Trust it receives far more in return than what it contributes. A new foodbank joining The Trussell Trust will receive: full training and ongoing support from a regional Trussell Trust officer; an operating manual; a tailored website with CMS for the foodbank; bespoke artwork and marketing materials for the new foodbank; an online data system to monitor foodbank use and food donations; support from The Trussell Trust’s national team with IT, PR, corporate relations etc, along with more.

The Trussell Trust provides annual quality assurance audits to foodbanks, as well as ongoing support from regional officers and national support team. It also gives cash grants and in-kind goods to foodbanks.

The Trussell Trust aims to use our experience and expertise to help a local community to start, and then continue to provide, a quality service to help stop people going hungry.

Ros Duerden from Blackburn foodbank says:

‘The benefits of being part of The Trussell Trust’s network are worth far more than what you contribute as a foodbank. It’s cheap as chips for what we get from Trussell Trust. I’d pay the contribution just for the support of the Regional Development Officer alone.’

As a network, Trussell Trust foodbanks help stop people going hungry by providing emergency food and support to people in crisis, as well as highlighting the problem of UK hunger nationally to encourage greater action against food poverty.

Regards,

Anne Danks

Northern England Manager, The Trussell Trust

Shows the level of the tories, people who post damaging lies about charities on the internet.

Does it make you and ECCOnoob feel big then? Libelling a charity? Wow, tough guy! Wish I was like you!

Libel?? I think you need to look up the word. Its been reported in the public media. TT even made a statement on it.

It not the only controversy about their organisation either....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/iain-duncan-smith-accuses-food-bank-charity-the-trussell-trust-of-scaremongering-9021150.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3054749/Trussell-Trust-charges-1-500-set-food-banks-telling-money-needed-branding-PR.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608606/No-ID-no-checks-vouchers-sob-stories-The-truth-shock-food-bank-claims.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11555010/Number-of-different-people-visiting-foodbanks-is-500000-not-one-million-says-Trussell-Trust.html

The so called A-Political TT seemingly in bed with the DWP....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/12/jobcentre-food-bank_n_4948413.html

The so called A-Political TT and its directors past and present seemingly have links and memberships all over the place.....

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/mel-kelly/well-trousered-philanthropists-tory-party-chums-and-food-parcels-for-poor

Now you have your opinion. I have mine.

Like I said, my opinion is another A4e just waiting to happen.

Not necessarily, Lib Dem MPs may finish up in a coalition with Labour. If there are not enough Lib Dems, Labour may finish up in bed with the SNP, either formally or informally. Someone who is worried about how much influence the SNP might have on a Labour government might choose to back the Lib Dems.

The slagging of the Lib Dems greatly amuses me. They had a choice at the last election of going into government and getting some of their policies implemented or seeing their arse and getting nothing at all implemented. Many people it seems believe they should have taken the second option, they would literally prefer to have nothing apparently to make some sort of moral point. Utterly ridiculous.

As for Labour, if they get back in they'll set about finishing the job of ruining the economy. See how your "Society" looks then when there's no bleeding money to pay for anything whatsoever.

How wide is your world view Myriad? There was a WORLD recession, mainly originating in the USA by irresponsible lending from banks like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and institutions gambling recklessly like Lehman Bros. For more info check out http://www.economist.com/news/schoolsbrief/21584534-effects-financial-crisis-are-still-being-felt-five-years-article

Margaret Thatcher said she didn't believe in society and did her best to destroy it. This changed the political landscape irrevocably, enter Tony Blair and New Labour and the introduction of the Market into the NHS.The Tory /LibDem govt, continued that job. Police budgets slashed, Social Services slashed, libraries closed, NHS services put out further to tender (often with in-house teams banned from putting in tenders. An explosion in food banks accross the country. Clegg has propped up the Tories, without his support none of this would have happened. Five years ago it was all, " I agree with Nick", this time round the electorate will not be so gullible and the Lib Dems will be routed.

How wide is your world view Myriad? There was a WORLD recession, mainly originating in the USA by irresponsible lending from banks like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and institutions gambling recklessly like Lehman Bros. For more info check out http://www.economist.com/news/schoolsbrief/21584534-effects-financial-crisis-are-still-being-felt-five-years-article

Margaret Thatcher said she didn't believe in society and did her best to destroy it. This changed the political landscape irrevocably, enter Tony Blair and New Labour and the introduction of the Market into the NHS.The Tory /LibDem govt, continued that job. Police budgets slashed, Social Services slashed, libraries closed, NHS services put out further to tender (often with in-house teams banned from putting in tenders. An explosion in food banks accross the country. Clegg has propped up the Tories, without his support none of this would have happened. Five years ago it was all, " I agree with Nick", this time round the electorate will not be so gullible and the Lib Dems will be routed.

Probably the most factual and un biased comment I have seen on many a thread .

Having had to endure the Winter of Discontent,The Thatcher years,Blaire and his New Labour,and the recent coalition, I cannot fault your comments.

The grave looks more and more welcoming though looking at the possibilities.

Probably the most factual and un biased comment I have seen on many a thread .

Having had to endure the Winter of Discontent,The Thatcher years,Blaire and his New Labour,and the recent coalition, I cannot fault your comments.

The grave looks more and more welcoming though looking at the possibilities.

Sadly not one of the main 3 parties are sound. I think that a coalition is the only 'decent' option as it forces our politicians to work together, compromise and take away any extreme policies, both right and left leaning. The libs dems did take the edge off the Tories and would do the same to Labour if they formed a coalition. I'd be quite happy with a Labour/Lib Dem coalition this time around.