Sheffield political things

I’ve noticed that there is the election coming up and that people keep banging on about how important it is to vote. I don’t know if that’s true or not but I’ve been thinking about voting for the first time this year. Got my mum to sort out a vote for me anyway (got one of them card things what you show to some old woman or something). Going to do it! But the problems I got is I got no idea who to vote for. I like Cameroon but when I looked he’s not a man I can vote for. I like UKIP in a way because they’re quite funny the way some of their people just scream at people who disagree with them. That’s fun to do! I HATE that Australian woman what keeps coming on TV. Who is she? Is she Tory or Conservative or Labour or what? HATE her anyway. Not voting for her. Then someone said about Nick Clegg and I asked my friend Stephen about him and he said he’s slimy weasel man. I have no idea!

So now I’m thinking not to bother voting after all unless you people (my forum friends) can help me and suggest things?

Thanks

I’ve noticed that there is the election coming up and that people keep banging on about how important it is to vote. I don’t know if that’s true or not but I’ve been thinking about voting for the first time this year. Got my mum to sort out a vote for me anyway (got one of them card things what you show to some old woman or something). Going to do it! But the problems I got is I got no idea who to vote for. I like Cameroon but when I looked he’s not a man I can vote for. I like UKIP in a way because they’re quite funny the way some of their people just scream at people who disagree with them. That’s fun to do! I HATE that Australian woman what keeps coming on TV. Who is she? Is she Tory or Conservative or Labour or what? HATE her anyway. Not voting for her. Then someone said about Nick Clegg and I asked my friend Stephen about him and he said he’s slimy weasel man. I have no idea!

So now I’m thinking not to bother voting after all unless you people (my forum friends) can help me and suggest things?

Thanks

If you don't know enough about these people and their policies it's best then if you didn't vote, you could be putting your cross to anything that you might later regret.

I do agree with you about the Aussie lady , although she belongs to the Green Party I think she would best fit the Looney Party but that could be an insult on them.

If you don't know enough about these people and their policies it's best then if you didn't vote, you could be putting your cross to anything that you might later regret.

I do agree with you about the Aussie lady , although she belongs to the Green Party I think she would best fit the Looney Party but that could be an insult on them.

It's my right to vote though so I'm defo going to do it. I've been a useless nobody sat on the sofa for too long. This is my chance to make my voice heard. Thanks for the info about that Aussie woman. She is the most horrible politics person I've ever seen.

Currently torn between Tory Party, UKIP and Conservative Party.

It's my right to vote though so I'm defo going to do it. I've been a useless nobody sat on the sofa for too long. This is my chance to make my voice heard. Thanks for the info about that Aussie woman. She is the most horrible politics person I've ever seen.

Currently torn between Tory Party, UKIP and Conservative Party.

Eh! Aren't Tory Party and Conservative Party one and the same?

I am also voting for the first time this year and I have the same dilemma! I

went to my nans to ask for her advice, after spending the first 30mins listening to her shout at me for not voting before and how many women died so I could vote!!!!! She then said to me, I should vote for those who will do the most for me, those who I will personally gain from!

If this is true, then I should vote for the Tories! however, coming from a working class family that has always voted Labour I think I would be ousted and sent packing if I voted Tories.

I don't like Ed Milliband. I can't stand his nasally voice.

Nick Clegg! no thanks

I do quite like David Cameron but I think it's more to do with the fact I quite fancy him rather than what comes out of his mouth

Nigel Farage and the UKIP party are not my cup of tea, I like Nigel, he's got more charisma than the other lot put together but could I see him as a prime minister representing the average British person?? No I don't think I can.

Oh and my nan's other advice was that I should never vote for a woman!! so the SNP, Green Party and that lovely welsh lass are out of the question.

So as you can see - DILEMMA!

I MUST vote as I don't want a the lives and deaths of hundreds/thousands/millions of women who fought and are still fighting for the right to vote to be on my conscious.

BUT who the hell do I vote for? who is the best of a bad bunch?

I had a leaflet through the letterbox today from the Workers Revolutionary Party. From the photograph, their candidate looks like a pleasant enough chap, so, if you're in Central, why not vote for him, then at least he'll get one vote and nobody will be able to blame you if things go pear-shaped after the election.

Hi

Try one of these quizzes-they suggest who you should vote for based on your priorities and views. If you do more than one, hopefully they will give the same answer!

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

This tells you a bit about why you should vote, although it does spend some time talking about the problems of the current system. It is Rick Edwards talking about young people voting.

I hope they help you make your mind up

You can vote for anyone you like in Sheffield, but (except for Hallam) Labour will take every seat.

I long for the day that will change but I doubt it will be in my lifetime.

Eh! Aren't Tory Party and Conservative Party one and the same?

That's what I mean, shouldn't be voting if they don't know who's who and what their policies are.

You can vote for anyone you like in Sheffield, but (except for Hallam) Labour will take every seat.

I long for the day that will change but I doubt it will be in my lifetime.

Labour are in with a good chance in Hallam. Nick Clegg is much disliked and Oliver Coppard seems like a decent man.