Sheffield political things

I'd be quite happy with a Labour/Lib Dem coalition this time around.
The Lib Dems expectedly won't have as many seats this time around, hence their notional influence on Labour will expectedly be reduced in proportion, compared to what influence they managed to wield on the Tories over 2010-2015.

I believe the Lib Dems indeed exercised a tangible leftist influence on Cameron, Osbourne and Co. over the past 5 years.

I'm not so sure they'd manage to exercise much of a tangible rightist influence on Milliband, Balls and Co. over the next 5 years.

At the end, it will just be down to numbers.

I'd be quite happy with a Labour/Lib Dem coalition this time around.
I don't think both parties will have enough combined seats to make a coalition majority. Labour will shake hands with the SNP if it means they get to form a government, whatever Milliband says... I'm sure of it.

Probably the most factual and un biased comment I have seen on many a thread .

Having had to endure the Winter of Discontent,The Thatcher years,Blaire and his New Labour,and the recent coalition, I cannot fault your comments.

The grave looks more and more welcoming though looking at the possibilities.

Thanks, I wish I had been wrong, the Lib Dems were routed and look what happened as a result. The way forward now, if they all have the courage to put aside their differences is for an agreement between Lab/Green/P Cymru and, dare I say it, the Lib-Dems, to select only one candidate between them to represent left of centre parties.

Thanks, I wish I had been wrong, the Lib Dems were routed and look what happened as a result. The way forward now, if they all have the courage to put aside their differences is for an agreement between Lab/Green/P Cymru and, dare I say it, the Lib-Dems, to select only one candidate between them to represent left of centre parties.

And so the recriminations begin .

LIB DEM,How strange.I bet the Lib Dems are really happy with their voting habits.To all their voters who completed tactical voting.Yeh ,you stopped Labour and got the Conservatives at the cost of the leader.But the good thing is after such a loss ,they now have a few more thousand members though only eight M.P`s.He has everyone`s gratitude in the country for the selfless act of entering the breach to help and stablise the country 5 years ago which is what he kept telling everyone who would listen:o

Tories,well there is only one political party to look to when things go pearshape and they will. No longer will Nick be there to take the brunt of disappointments and broken promises.Now to top it all.The people who voted and lost causing chaos and protesting down in Londinium.:huh::roll:

Labour.Whose fault was it that they lost so convincingly?

Labour ,geez where do I start.Listening to the News on TV,Andrew Marr and newspapers .They all have their opinions.

Firstly that old chestnut ,the wrong Milliband was chosen.Well the entire Labour membership are responsible for that one .But no,its because they didnt continue with the doctrine of New Labour.

No its not ,its due to the left wing policies that were adopted on the run up to voting.No its not its because not enough right of centre policies were adopted.The polls got it wrong.Then "knuckles "Prescott says its due to the fact they did not involve or listen to the workers .You are all wrong ,its due to the fact those 5th columnist the SNP are wanting to do dastardly things.

The one good thing is though,they will mull things over the next few months and figure out why things went so bad .Its so good to know that the academics can pool their intelligence and conduct yet another autopsy.

We as a country seem to be so good at doing this now.:loopy:

We need rid of food banks as it allows those that want to abolish the Welfare State to claim there is an alternative in place.

The Social Contract that began with the creation of the NHS will be undermined further when the Welfare State is torn apart.

Be very careful what you wish for........

---------- Post added 10-05-2015 at 21:23 ----------

And so the recriminations begin .

LIB DEM,How strange.I bet the Lib Dems are really happy with their voting habits.To all their voters who completed tactical voting.Yeh ,you stopped Labour and got the Conservatives at the cost of the leader.But the good thing is after such a loss ,they now have a few more thousand members though only eight M.P`s.He has everyone`s gratitude in the country for the selfless act of entering the breach to help and stablise the country 5 years ago which is what he kept telling everyone who would listen:o

Tories,well there is only one political party to look to when things go pearshape and they will. No longer will Nick be there to take the brunt of disappointments and broken promises.Now to top it all.The people who voted and lost causing chaos and protesting down in Londinium.:huh::roll:

Labour.Whose fault was it that they lost so convincingly?

Labour ,geez where do I start.Listening to the News on TV,Andrew Marr and newspapers .They all have their opinions.

Firstly that old chestnut ,the wrong Milliband was chosen.Well the entire Labour membership are responsible for that one .But no,its because they didnt continue with the doctrine of New Labour.

No its not ,its due to the left wing policies that were adopted on the run up to voting.No its not its because not enough right of centre policies were adopted.The polls got it wrong.Then "knuckles "Prescott says its due to the fact they did not involve or listen to the workers .You are all wrong ,its due to the fact those 5th columnist the SNP are wanting to do dastardly things.

The one good thing is though,they will mull things over the next few months and figure out why things went so bad .Its so good to know that the academics can pool their intelligence and conduct yet another autopsy.

We as a country seem to be so good at doing this now.:loopy:

The problem with Labour was that they were all over the place:

1. They tried to out-tory the Tories on welfare. Rachel Reeves was attacking benefits one minute (trying to please the Daily Mail) then attacking cruel Tory policies the next.

2. Labour didn't appear to be convincing when attacking the 'Rich' and it seemed like they just said what they said because they thought it would be enough - not because they really believed it.

3. They failed to understand the anger from their core working class vote on Immigration. Labour seemed to think that an apology and an admission that 'we got things wrong' were enough to turn the tide and get their voters back - they were wrong.

4. Voters just didn't like the Labour leadership. People aren't stupid when they know the background of the leader, deputy leader and senior officials. How can someone from a well off background know what's in the interest of working people when they've never had those concerns themselves?

I could go on but suspect this wouldn't be welcome!

Edited by RickyM